• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cross Infinite World Licenses 'I Reincarnated As Evil Alice, So the Only Thing I'm Courting Is

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:31 am Reply with quote
this makes no 3 with the exact same setting.

Reincarnated into an Otome game? Check
Became a villainess? Check
Death ends (flags0 via dating/romance/falling in love? Check

I do wonder which came first, this one, Villainess or that other one whose name I forget, cus anime wise villainess did, but am not that knowledgeable about the book side of things so maybe someone else knows and can answer. Either way, from my perspective everyone is now starting to copy villainess, least this 3rd one here seems a bit more interesting as it seems to have Alice in Wonderland theme to it so it could have more to it than Villainess did (wholesome anime btw, looking forward to that S2). Hope this gets an anime
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is the first time a "reincarnated in an otome game" series looks like it was written by someone who has actually played an otome game considering how "Alice in Wonderland except the characters are yandere boys" is one of the most common otome game cliches. And there's no villainess character to boot.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:48 am Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:
this makes no 3 with the exact same setting.

3? Laughing Oh, my sweet summer child...
"Reincarnated as a villainess/whatever in an otome game(-inspired setting)" is an entire subgenre. There are hundreds of these WNs/LNs, but just like its isekai parent, few of them are legit good.

On a related note, I really should read more Cross Infinite World books...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1