• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Attack on Titan The Final Season

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navycherub

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The beastly Colossal Titan was revealed to be Grisha's brother and Eren's uncle, Zeke, who has decided to live as a loyal soldier of the Marleyan army.

Just a small correction, spoiler[Zeke is the Beast Titan not the Colossal Titan, and he is Grisha's first son and Eren's half-brother]. That's not a spoiler for anything that hasn't been shown yet in the anime, just clarifying an admittedly confusing situation.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:05 pm Reply with quote
A beard sure makes a guy look older, right?
Abraham Omosun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the picture of the Armoured Titan in the review 2d or is it just well blended 3(? Looked 2d to me.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, Gaby, the lovely Gaby... everybody loves Gaby!
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:20 pm Reply with quote
God, how I missed Attack on Titan!

That was a great first episode. It seamlessly introduced the new characters and brought back a couple of old ones, and we're also diving right into the main themes of the show, pulling no punches in the process.

The CGI looked great. Best it's ever looked. I loved seeing the Jaw Titan dancing around. Although I do agree that the Beast Titan could've looked better.

My only real complaint is the way the exposition was handled at the beginning. Falco conveniently having amnesia so that Gabi could explain the war that's been going felt kinda forced.

Anyway, I'm so excited. This season's gonna be great. Hopefully MAPPA will be able to keep up the animation quality, but we all know how messy the anime industry can be. Hoping for the best.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Quick question: what Gaby did in this episode (disguise as civilian and take advantage of her child appearance) are considered as “war crimes” right? It’s definitely an unethical move, but I am not sure if it’s illegal on international laws?
LuzOx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Great start to an amazing finale

Also can't wait to see the shitshow when certain people will get mad at certain topics that will be shown in this part of the story
spoiler[When all the Nazi-like military imagery and stuff starts popping out. Hell, Im sure some specific people (Maybe the reviewer of this site) will get mad at Eren, cant wait to see the shitshow]
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:54 pm Reply with quote
navycherub wrote:
Quote:
The beastly Colossal Titan was revealed to be Grisha's brother and Eren's uncle, Zeke, who has decided to live as a loyal soldier of the Marleyan army.

Just a small correction, spoiler[Zeke is the Beast Titan not the Colossal Titan, and he is Grisha's first son and Eren's half-brother]. That's not a spoiler for anything that hasn't been shown yet in the anime, just clarifying an admittedly confusing situation.

Thanks for pointing that out - The article has been corrected! I think I mixed up the flashbacks to Little Grisha's life with his sister and when it jumps forward to Zeke's betreyal later on.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm Reply with quote
There's still a little error there (spoiler tags to be on the safe side): as navycherub said, spoiler[Zeke is the Beast Titan, not the Colossal Titan] ^^;
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Quick question: what Gaby did in this episode (disguise as civilian and take advantage of her child appearance) are considered as “war crimes” right? It’s definitely an unethical move, but I am not sure if it’s illegal on international laws?

Yup. Disguising yourself as a civilian and false surrender are considered war crimes. This is also implied later in the episode when Gabi criticises Falco for "obeying the laws of war".

Last edited by Everlasting Coconut on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for pointing that out - The article has been corrected! I think I mixed up the flashbacks to Little Grisha's life with his sister and when it jumps forward to Zeke's betreyal later on.
.[/quote]
There's still a little error there (spoiler tags to be on the safe side): as navycherub said, spoiler[Zeke is the Beast Titan, not the Colossal Titan] ^^;[/quote]

O_o I'll make sure to fix that too
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:43 pm Reply with quote
James_Beckett wrote:

I got that mixed up while watching this ep too. Doesn't help that the age difference between the brothers makes it easy to not realize they're siblings Anime hyper
Gasero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:00 pm Reply with quote
My body is ready for more Attack on Titan
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:47 pm Reply with quote
The beginning of the end, time for the final reckoning.

To rock you like a hurricane. Cool
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Oh yeah, Gaby, the lovely Gaby... everybody loves Gaby!

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 23