• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Magic Knight Rayearth II 25th Anniversary Box Set

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Man, when I first read this series, it was the Tokyopop releases I checked out from the library. I've looked to pick up my own copies over the years, but it was always sold out or out of print.

Probably my favorite CLAMP series, so I'm glad it finally got the deluxe treatment. Definitely going to pick this up along with part one, which I have just discovered is presently half-price!
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I still have the Tokyopop release for this on my shelf and it was my CLAMP series. The new deluxe set looks great!
MauValmont

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I bought I and II as tankobons on Amazon a few years ago. Extremely good series, although not sure it's worth the price for this edition.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen the anime, but if the manga's like that, I have an actual appreciation for the second half of this series. Here the girls get the chance to find resolutions with both Cefiro and themselves on their own terms after everything they went through the first time around. Rayearth overall really is a good series on its own, and is up there in my top 3 Clamp favorites along with X and Blood-C.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I decided to read/watch Rayearth because it showed up in Super Robot Wars T, and it quickly became my second favorite work of the game (and when first place is Cowboy Bebop, second place ain't so bad). It has amazing art, a memorable cast and an engaging story. Here's hoping more people will discover it in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1