• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bocchi the Rock! 4-Panel Band Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:31 am Reply with quote
A 4-panel manga about an all-girl high school band... Hopefully it won't just deteriorate into stories about cake and tea.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:59 pm Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
A 4-panel manga about an all-girl high school band... Hopefully it won't just deteriorate into stories about cake and tea.

Well, in what I've checked of it so far, Bocchi's social anxieties and deep-running pessimism has made sure it hasn't, yet.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:59 pm Reply with quote
It was about time. I haven't read the source material yet, but it's supposed to be one of the most popular MTK manga as of right now, not counting titles that have already gotten an anime. This and Slow Loop getting an anime - and also Machikado Mazoku getting a second season - means it's a good year for MTK adaptations. Let's hope it gets a good team to adapt it.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:12 am Reply with quote
I was a bit confused by the title and does it have anything to do with that Hitori Bocchi manga that got an anime adaptation back in 2018? I really liked that show even though it seems like most other people didn't watch it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1