• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kaiju No. 8 Is Fastest Shonen Jump Plus Manga to Reach 1 Million Copies in Print

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
With good reason. This is an excellent manga and has convinced me that the way forward for shonen manga is no longer 700+ chapter series but shorter ones, like Kimetsu no Yaiba, Chainsawman and, very likely, Jujutsu Kaisen.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Well-deserved. It has much potential to become a new top tier SJ series and it quickly got me hooked with its dynamical lineart and fast-paced battles from the start. The only bummer is that the weekly chapters feel way too short simply because they are so easy to digest. Can't wait to see this series getting published in my country too.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:48 pm Reply with quote
This will likely get an anime someday, but the way the chapters are structured, it'll take 100 chapters to get enough material for a 12-13 ep season.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:10 am Reply with quote
If this gets an anime adaptation, I foresee crummy CG. Drawing large monsters that are highly detailed requires specialized animators. It’s more practical to just animate in CG.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:58 am Reply with quote
With those stats, this is definitely getting an anime adaptation. Man turning into kaiju is an interesting take.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1