• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - You Don't Mess with the Rohan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sigmund Freud's Magnum Opus

The Interpretation of Dreams? Civilization and its Discontents? Am I missing something here?
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
OtherSideofSky wrote:
Quote:

The Interpretation of Dreams? Civilization and its Discontents? Am I missing something here?

Think that was just some brain jumbles while trying to say Nietzsche. These articles are stream of consciousness chats so sometimes wires get crossed and then not noticed since the conversation moves on.
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I actually think this is a pretty good starting point - if only to find out whether or not you will enjoy the uniquely JoJo-ness of JJBA Smile

I also hope people who like the series watch the live action drama, which does the manners mansion storyline far better and is a great adaptation of JJBA into a just-slightly-off-kilter version of our world. Takahashi Issei is fantastic as Rohan and I really hope they make a sequel at some point.
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:13 pm Reply with quote
ATastySub wrote:
OtherSideofSky wrote:
Quote:

Think that was just some brain jumbles while trying to say Nietzsche. These articles are stream of consciousness chats so sometimes wires get crossed and then not noticed since the conversation moves on.

Oh, that makes sense. Zarathustra is definitely extra enough to be a good fit for Rohan.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:35 am Reply with quote
I feel like you two were way harsh on Rohan's actions in the final episode honestly! Especially considering crossfit god was literally killing everyone who he thought stood in the way of his ascension to godhood. I think he definitely died from that fall, but like Rohan, I definitely wouldn't stay to find out.

And personally I don't think these work as an introduction to Jojo, there's a lot that isn't explained because if you're watching this after part 4 it shouldn't need to be. But the show is great nonetheless, and I think with how Netflix works, I'm sure it will be many peoples introduction to the franchise. I've already had a bunch of friends tell me they've checked it out because it got recommended and was only 4 episodes. And hey while I don't think that's ideal, at least they get a great show as their start!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1