• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Testament of Sister New Devil Light Novel Series Ends in 13th Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:17 am Reply with quote
Huh, I thought this series was long over already considering spoiler[MC had already knocked up his entire harem.]
anstar019

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:21 am Reply with quote
Damn, After 3 years we are finally getting another volume.

I guess the story will be ending with this one, but I am not sure he can wrap the entire thing nicely in one volume.
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:42 am Reply with quote
The story already wrapped up in the previous volume. This one is mostly for the fanservice ( lot of sex) and fluffs
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:42 am Reply with quote
anstar019 wrote:
Damn, After 3 years we are finally getting another volume.

I guess the story will be ending with this one, but I am not sure he can wrap the entire thing nicely in one volume.

Looking up more info, it's a collection of short stories that were originally extras on BDs and such, along with a brand new spoiler[wedding] chapter.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 am Reply with quote
I would love for this series to get licensed just for the smut. Its not like its not possible. Yen Press did release the Interspecies Reviewers Novels, which are closer to the anime than the manga where they go into full description of the sex.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:37 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
I would love for this series to get licensed just for the smut. Its not like its not possible. Yen Press did release the Interspecies Reviewers Novels, which are closer to the anime than the manga where they go into full description of the sex.

I enjoyed the anime so I wouldn't mind it getting licensed too...I mean, we finally got High School DxD's novels coming out, so hopefully it's later than maybe.
murdock_tm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:39 pm Reply with quote
The color images by this artist and from this 13th volume are special, to say the least.

spoiler[ Nothing says the 'quality' of this manga quite like having all of the harem candidates in wedding dresses in the *cough* receiving position *cough* for all the color images of this book. ][/url]
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I feel weird by just how tame High School DxD is compared to... this.
I don't hate it though. I am bit surprised it hadn't ended since I thought it finished years ago.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:42 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
AnimeFlyz wrote:

I enjoyed the anime so I wouldn't mind it getting licensed too...I mean, we finally got High School DxD's novels coming out, so hopefully it's later than maybe.

High School DxD is like toddler level compared to Sister New Testament.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I knew Basara's Breast Massages helped grow Mio's boobs, but holy crap, they are make her Volume 1 set look flat chested by comparison.

spoiler[Being preggers might be making them bigger too.]
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:10 pm Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
I knew Basara's Breast Massages helped grow Mio's boobs, but holy crap, they are make her Volume 1 set look flat chested by comparison.

spoiler[Being preggers might be making them bigger too.]

I'll say, I remember watching a few episodes of the anime way back when it came out and while it was funny, it wasn't exceptionally funny so I think I told myself I'd let the episodes build up or that I'd wait for the uncensored bluray's or something and then I just forgot about it. Seeing the full image had me choke a bit out of surprise cause I did not remember her looking so... stacked. Looks like art straight out of a hentai doujin or artbook.

Gonna have to look for some reviews that talks about the story quality to see if I wanna dive back in or just pass on it. Glad to see that it seems to have gotten a proper conclusion at least, always sad if a series gets prematurely cancelled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1