• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Film's Teaser Highlights Kenshin's Batttōsai Days

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:55 pm Reply with quote
That trailer delivered with that blood bath. They got it right.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy the live-action movies got to do Kenshin and Tomoe's story as well as adapting the final arc.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:54 am Reply with quote
I'm confused with the trailers. What movie is coming out first? The one about the Jinchu? The one about the past? Are they mixing the two? Still, I kinda wonder if they'll adapt the oneshot finale showing spoiler[Yahiko's coming of age as Kenshin passes him the sakabato]
wingweaver84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:35 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
I'm confused with the trailers. What movie is coming out first? The one about the Jinchu? The one about the past? Are they mixing the two? Still, I kinda wonder if they'll adapt the oneshot finale showing spoiler[Yahiko's coming of age as Kenshin passes him the sakabato]

From what I understand,we see Jinchuu before the Trust and Betrayal story.
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:14 pm Reply with quote
wingweaver84 wrote:
tintor2 wrote:

From what I understand,we see Jinchuu before the Trust and Betrayal story.

That's correct. It was discussed in the recent Rurouni Kenshin fan event on YouTube that The Final (Jinchu story) will come first and the story about Battousai's past will be in The Beginning. The movie will conclude with where the very first movie starts. So it's kind of done how Star Wars was laid out with the past stories being told later.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:31 pm Reply with quote
These movies have been so good, but I have a personal dilemma and a question to try and solve that dilemma if anyone knows the answer.

How does Watsuki get paid for these films? Clearly he owns the rights to the series, but was he paid once for the license, once per film, and/or does he still receive royalties for sales? I'm a long-time fan of the series and I want to see the rest of the films, but I personally no longer want to contribute to his bank.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:10 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
These movies have been so good, but I have a personal dilemma and a question to try and solve that dilemma if anyone knows the answer.

How does Watsuki get paid for these films? Clearly he owns the rights to the series, but was he paid once for the license, once per film, and/or does he still receive royalties for sales? I'm a long-time fan of the series and I want to see the rest of the films, but I personally no longer want to contribute to his bank.

Given his "extracurricular actives", I can't blame you. I basically threw out all of my copies of the manga when I found out. Shame too, since this was one of my favorite series, when I was growing up.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:55 am Reply with quote
Hopefully we get Ruroni Kenshin: Brotherhood one day.

Preferably in this decade.
wingweaver84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:43 am Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

Given his "extracurricular actives", I can't blame you. I basically threw out all of my copies of the manga when I found out. Shame too, since this was one of my favorite series, when I was growing up.

Would rebuying them used make a difference? Because that's basically how I feel about it. The less that goes to him,the better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1