• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cygames Recruits "Master Skyfarers" as Granblue Fantasy Play Testers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:49 pm Reply with quote
you can actually specify age in jobs in jpn?!

I dont understand why there is an age requirement, there is no need for master reflexes when FULL AUTO exists.
Pandsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Probably just has to do with the demographic they're honing in on. A playtest can be about preferences just as much as about technical issues and other kinds of quality assurance. And when you make a game for a young audience but some really old testers, for instance, don't "get it" or struggle to navigate it while the younger ones pretty much all do, not every dev is gonna bother with accessibility for those outside of the target demographic.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
I dont understand why there is an age requirement, there is no need for master reflexes when FULL AUTO exists.
Well, it's literally playtesting, so it's less about the reflexes and more about the tedious and methodical flaws searching - plus Full Auto is literally just a skip of clicking at certain skills, not the panacea, especially at high ping.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1