• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Intern Annika - Fin ?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:42 am Reply with quote
This was sweet, inspirational, and comical. Overall, the story was well presented, and it kinda made me want an Annika in my life as an assistant. So if we see more from time to time, I'll happily read it. Thank you for putting it out for us, ANN staff. Smile
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:04 am Reply with quote
You're breaking my heart Annika (Anakin)!

Prequel memes aside, this was a fun short ride. Till we meet again!
JennLegacy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:01 am Reply with quote
Does this mean Nina's being retired? I only ever see her in like site error pages these days, but I'll miss her!
Triltaison

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:49 am Reply with quote
It was nice seeing Nina and the gang once again, and Annika seems a fun addition. I'll be glad to see more adventures with her. As for suggestions... I think it might be fun to have Nina occasionally send Annika strange postcards/gifts from her travels and it would be neat to see what sort of agency sent Annika in the first place.

Thanks for the fun little spin!
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 am Reply with quote
This was really cute, and the message about burnout was really smart and well-presented. Annika seems like she'd be a good mascot for the Encyclopedia, complementing Nina as the mascot for the news site. Though if this is intended to be the last we see of Nina, that's not a bad way to go out at all!
Dextres

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:43 am Reply with quote
That was a fun little comic.

Yes,

I would like to see more of these in the future.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Yes, more please.

We need her for all the reasons so far and more ... we need to smile. Annika did that for me.

Mark Gosdin
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Happy trails, Nina and Myoopi! Until next time, and may the stars shine upon your path!
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Well,looks like Nina's going on vacation. But,I have a question for everyone. If she wanted to take a break from watching anime,wouldn't it be easier to watch stuff like "Looney Tunes" or "The Flintstones?" That would be kinda better to do that instead of simply jetting off to who knows where and not as expensive.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:42 am Reply with quote
Love it, wouldn't mind more! I like the send off or a start of something, all worked to me!

@Snomaster1

How one deals with burnout varies from person to person, I feel. Some would want to watch something completely different, do a new hobby, spend time with others, etc. Amount of time varies also. Just do what's best for you.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Lol, you guys have not lost your touch tickling our stereotypical fancies all things anime. you are welcomed back anytime.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
After talking with someone, I realized the problem was I had burned out and needed to spend some time finding myself, which is totally my own idea.

...thus, the war to usurp the mascot throne, and avenge the scraper's death, is won without firing a single shot. Well played Annika.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:56 am Reply with quote
Sorry if I'm late Haterater,but I want to say a couple of things. One,I realize that something like this is different for everyone,and that includes Nina. I'm just amazed that she's doing something like this when there are less expensive ways of handling it. Me,I like both Japanese and American animation so I can easily take time off from anime without resorting to going on a trip.
Secondly,it's a little sad to see Nina disappear like this. I know this is Annika's strip now but I hope at some point,Nina returns. I'd like to see that happen one day. It's always good to have her around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1