• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Taichi Mukai Performs New Opening Theme for Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:48 am Reply with quote
Good to have official confirmation that this show will have a second year. I was counting on it, considering the fact that there's still a little over half of the manga left to adapt, but in this industry, you never know for sure.
Matros

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Good to have official confirmation that this show will have a second year. I was counting on it, considering the fact that there's still a little over half of the manga left to adapt, but in this industry, you never know for sure.

I mean they always said it would be a complete adaptation, otherwise there would be no point in remaking the show.
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:00 pm Reply with quote
It should be noted that Hulu hasn't uploaded any episodes past 45 for the past few weeks. I'm not sure if they're waiting to release the episodes in a batch or if they've just given up on it completely. Would it be possible to look into this?
fowzikhaled234123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Finally we get new opening song

ANN should make review for this anime !!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:28 pm Reply with quote
The page on ANN for this show lists a dub by Ocean, does anyone know what is happening with that? As this would be an ideal show for Toonami.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
^ From my understanding the only reason that we know there is dub by Ocean in the works is because SAG-AFTRA posted a do not work order. That might have slowed or stopped the release.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:

We're not even at the half way point??! This show has been a weekly staple for me, so that's great news!! I'm just surprised since it seems like so many of the plot threads were starting to converge I thought the end was getting close!
SuiSeiKen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:40 am Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:

We're not even at the half way point??! This show has been a weekly staple for me, so that's great news!! I'm just surprised since it seems like so many of the plot threads were starting to converge I thought the end was getting close!

At this point, we've reached manga volume 19 of 37. So yeah, even if the final part of the story is the longest (26-37), there's still a lot of things to happen, and probably more or less one year of airing Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1