• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: RetroCrush, Crunchyroll Stream Dirty Pair TV Series (Updated)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:23 am Reply with quote
So this was the surprise release! My guess was Sgt Frog but this is even better. A huge get!

Now if they can just add those Galaxy Angel series they were supposed to add last week...

Last edited by ZelosZoidberg on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:51 pm Reply with quote
In even bigger news Nozomi has started a Kickstarter to dub the TV series and release on blu-ray.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-the-dirty-pair-tv-series
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
In even bigger news Nozomi has started a Kickstarter to dub the TV series and release on blu-ray.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-the-dirty-pair-tv-series

I wish them success with this Kickstarter!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
Wow it only costs $275.000, possible less given Kickstarts cut and rewards, to dub an entire 2 cour show, I knew dubbing was cheap, but not that cheap.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Levonr wrote:

I wish them success with this Kickstarter!
Wow that is big news! I just got paid today so considering a couple of bucks their way.

EDIT:I think I'll go with the $135 option but that $250 option is VERY tempting..

Last edited by ZelosZoidberg on Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:22 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Wow it only costs $275.000, possible less given Kickstarts cut and rewards, to dub an entire 2 cour show, I knew dubbing was cheap, but not that cheap.

Funny you call that "cheap", since that's actually the most expensive goal ever for an English dub anime Kickstarter campaign. All of the ones previously done (Emma, Aria, Escaflowne, Skip Beat!) were all asking for more than half of what Dirty Pair is asking for. That's not to say that those previous dubs were "cheaply produced", either, but rather I think this might be reflecting that Right Stuf/Nozomi is asking for fans to pitch in more for the overall cost of producing the dub this time around, compared to previous crowdfunding campaigns.
RealMTL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Nice! The BD's Dirty Pair are so hard to find for my area. I love this series so much (aside from Flash)
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:53 pm Reply with quote
RealMTL wrote:
Nice! The BD's Dirty Pair are so hard to find for my area. I love this series so much (aside from Flash)

... maybe later on in the campaign they will add a goal to also dub and release Flash?
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:47 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
RealMTL wrote:

... maybe later on in the campaign they will add a goal to also dub and release Flash?

Flash was already dubbed by ADV back in the 90s. RS has said that they will not be redubbing the Dirty Pair material already dubbed (Flash, the movies, the OVAs), but they will be releasing them on Blu-ray as well.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Funny you call that "cheap", since that's actually the most expensive goal ever for an English dub anime Kickstarter campaign. All of the ones previously done (Emma, Aria, Escaflowne, Skip Beat!) were all asking for more than half of what Dirty Pair is asking for. That's not to say that those previous dubs were "cheaply produced", either, but rather I think this might be reflecting that Right Stuf/Nozomi is asking for fans to pitch in more for the overall cost of producing the dub this time around, compared to previous crowdfunding campaigns.
Maybe this is a false memory, didn't Funiamtion say they paid for the dub, the Kickstarter was to cage interest and fund the physical release.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:16 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to see who they would get aside from Jessica Calvello most likely returning as Yuri.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:26 pm Reply with quote
RetroCrush once again continues to bring in the stuff that defines that era. Now if only I had some cash for that Kickstarter.

I’m admittedly genuinely surprised no one tried remaking the series after that Tamaki manga a few years back. You’d think Netflix would be on that like a dog on a steak.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:
RealMTL wrote:

Flash was already dubbed by ADV back in the 90s. RS has said that they will not be redubbing the Dirty Pair material already dubbed (Flash, the movies, the OVAs), but they will be releasing them on Blu-ray as well.

$250 for everything on Blu-ray. And a shot glass set, character magnets, lighted standee character lamp, and an art card. Plus, like your name in the backers part of the credits, and some more stuff like that. I can't list it all. Smile

I will go for the $60 dollar basic TV show set plus the $60 art book as an add-on. The page says there will be a 6 month waiting period for any other commercial release, and I can wait that long to get the movies and OVAs. ( I'll be triple dipping on the OVAs. )
Triltaison

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:

Oh, geez. Well, I know what I'm buying this month. Very Happy
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I've never watched a minute of Dirty Pair beyond its opening, but man I love every single thing about its aesthetic. Those 80s character designs: cute girls with big poofy pastel hair, glorious shading work, actual visible noses...makes me feel like I was born into the wrong fandom era. Definitely backing this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2