• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Made in Abyss Season 2's English-Subtitled Video Unveils Cast, Staff

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heart of the Foreign God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:44 am Reply with quote
Im glad Kevin Penkin is returning for season 2
Pandsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:46 am Reply with quote
I am so friggin hyped for this! I don't usually have a favorite anything. No favorite food, no favorite song or band, no favorite movie, not even a favorite Video Game even though games are what I spend the most time with and know the most about.
But Made in Abyss is my absolute favorite anime, so hearing the news of a second season and now seeing a first trailer fills me with so much excitement.
I absolutely cannot wait!
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:40 pm Reply with quote
It's been such a long wait, but even five years later, Made in Abyss season 1 still shines as one of the best TV anime of its time. I absolutely cannot wait to see the story get picked up again.

Hopefully future seasons will come out faster (this show seems like it might end up on the same trajectory as Attack on Titan, where no one on the production side expected it would be such a huge hit so there was a long delay in getting the team back together for season two, but from then on seasons came out reliably on a yearly schedule.)
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I recognize the characters from that image! Wonder if they start with the spoiler[origin story] right off the bat? Like the original season, this'll have its moments, though I do hope you can keep your thirst to know in check just a little bit longer. And can't wait what the reactions will be for the whole spoiler['baby soup'] thing... Smile
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Dang now I've gotta watch that movie. There's no way they're gonna Mugen Train it and reformat it into TV-size chunks, so I might as well bite that bullet when and how I can.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:40 pm Reply with quote
So is there a flashback arc coming up.
Heart of the Foreign God wrote:
Im glad Kevin Penkin is returning for season 2
me to, it would be unnatural watching the show and not hearing his soundtrack.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Dang now I've gotta watch that movie. There's no way they're gonna Mugen Train it and reformat it into TV-size chunks, so I might as well bite that bullet when and how I can.

Doubt it as there was already two recap movies about the first season...it would be crazy to recap again for the second time. On that matter, this season could use more than 12 episodes...just wonder how its going to work out.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 pm Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
On that matter, this season could use more than 12 episodes...just wonder how its going to work out.

There's not enough source material. The chapter releases by this author are few and far between. At least it's not Berserk level thankfully..
Gilarack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for Meinya's spoiler[butt prolapse] to become a meme.
merr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 pm Reply with quote
How bad is the body horror and child abuse in this arc? Really not interested if it’s going to be like the movie.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Everything's looking great so far. I wish Kou Yoshinari was coming back, but this is a really good lineup.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:41 pm Reply with quote
merr wrote:
How bad is the body horror and child abuse in this arc? Really not interested if it’s going to be like the movie.

aside from having children turned into living goo.....twernt nothin to what's coming as far as body horror and abuse.

To keep it light the latest chapter has one young female MC smellingspoiler[(she plant's her nose right up in there) another young female MC's singular orifice (with consent) and proclaiming it smell of the sun and steamed potatoes.]
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Me looking at promo image: "Gee I wonder which of these adorable characters are going to meet horrific gruesome fates and utterly break me emotionally?"
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:16 am Reply with quote
Don't you know? It's always the character in the middle foreground Wink Like death flags, any wide-eyed child is a dead giveaway...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Don't you know? It's always the character in the middle foreground Wink Like death flags, any wide-eyed child is a dead giveaway...
So it's the Anime equivalent to retiring in three days?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2