• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Odd Taxi Anime Gets Film on April 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:15 am Reply with quote
Great news! Glad the movie will also be picking up from the last episode’s cliffhanger
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The story follows Kotogawa, an eccentric, reticent 41-year-old taxi driver

The character's name is Odokawa Hiroshi, making "Odd Taxi" a pun.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:17 am Reply with quote
So it sounds like it's basically a movie adaption of the series with an epilogue that, presumably, resolves the massive cliffhanger.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I assume this mean it did reasonably well enough so I'm glad, in my cynical way I though a show with this many plot threads would for sure fail. I like it when I'm wrong.

That being said I don't know if there's much value in solving the ending, it was fine as if.

There were a few point where the plot got strained, spoiler[like when crazy guy put a phone in Odokawa for no apparent reason], I'd rather those kink be iron out.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:19 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
There were a few point where the plot got strained, spoiler[like when crazy guy put a phone in Odokawa for no apparent reason], I'd rather those kink be iron out.

Actually that bit is resolved at the end of the show, you're just misremembering the chain of events.

spoiler[It wasn't Tanaka who planted that phone in Odokawa's cab. It was Sakura.. We're led to think Tanaka paid off Sakura to plant that phone so he could track him, and then retrieves it off screen by breaking into Odokawa's cab. But it was actually Sakura who did it, looking to eventually track down and kill Odokawa as the last potential witness to when she murdered the real Mitsuya.]
danpmss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully without the capoeira ex machinas in this one
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:17 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
meiam wrote:

Actually that bit is resolved at the end of the show, you're just misremembering the chain of events.

spoiler[It wasn't Tanaka who planted that phone in Odokawa's cab. It was Sakura.. We're led to think Tanaka paid off Sakura to plant that phone so he could track him, and then retrieves it off screen by breaking into Odokawa's cab. But it was actually Sakura who did it, looking to eventually track down and kill Odokawa as the last potential witness to when she murdered the real Mitsuya.]

spoiler[
iirc it was Tanaka who asked her to do that, instead of, you know, just walking up to Odokawa and shooting him.]
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Guess it's nice to see it was successful enough to get something like this. That said I'm not sure how much I feel like I need to see it since I liked the open ended nature of the last scenes. That and waiting til potentially the last 30 to 15 or so minutes of new content in a re edit that's going to condense 13 episodes into a movies run time is almost never a good idea. I'll probably just wait it out and hear what the word on the street is for this one.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:32 pm Reply with quote
April 1 eh? Considering the parallel-like storytelling the tv series used, I have no idea how the film format would use it.
Turro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Great news, one of the best shows of the year.
Jess0313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:51 am Reply with quote
Interesting, a recap movie with a new scenario that takes place after the finale. I don't want Odokawa to die, I don't want that. I really can't wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1