• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shout! Factory Offers Replacements for Neon Genesis Evangelion Anime BD

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:12 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness for that. It hardly made sense that segment would be raw on the official release when you could easily look up an English-subbed version on Youtube. It's a segment that's too interesting to miss out on.
NickPG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:50 am Reply with quote
The UK All The Anime disc 5 is the same, when will we be hearing about a recall/replacement from them?
KaidoYuji8Shinji

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:19 am Reply with quote
Has anyone even gotten their ultimate edition? I’m still waiting. Heard it was delayed. Maybe this is delaying it as well..
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:17 am Reply with quote
They sent me a full Collectors Edition instead of a replacement disc and I still haven’t been sent my Ultimate Edition. Shout Factory/GKids is screwing this release up big time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KaidoYuji8Shinji

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:35 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
They sent me a full Collectors Edition instead of a replacement disc and I still haven’t been sent my Ultimate Edition. Shout Factory/GKids is screwing this release up big time.

They emailed that

“ As you may have heard, the global supply lines have encountered significant disruptions this year, and our Ultimate Edition has also been impacted. In light of these challenges, we are working hard to get your Ultimate Edition to you as soon as possible. However, current predictions from our freight shipping partners estimate the Ultimate Edition will likely arrive in January 2022.”
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:51 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Shout Factory/GKids is screwing this release up big time.

Blame Anime Limited, they're the ones who produced the set including the discs.

This replacement program from Shout has been active since before Christmas (got mine the day before New Year's Eve) and yet nothing from Anime Limited regarding their own release in the UK which is pretty crazy since there had already been reports of those sets having the same bad disc (because again, they produced it) and their RE & CE sets had been available since November (since Zavvi broke street date by a month on the latter).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:09 am Reply with quote
I know that the original Eva films and anime have had a number of licensors for the Eng.-speaking territories. However, what I don't get is why ADV managed to get the rights to ""Fly Me to the Moon." to play in the ED but other licensors are not-so lucky for such rights.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:32 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

I know that the original Eva films and anime have had a number of licensors for the Eng.-speaking territories. However, what I don't get is why ADV managed to get the rights to ""Fly Me to the Moon." to play in the ED but other licensors are not-so lucky for such rights.

Likely old 90's contracts (when anime was still niche in the West) vs. new contract (anime actually makes money) fees

Maybe also:

Quote:
Licensing fees may play a part in this, but they are not the only factor. There is also the possibility that they've exceeded their usage rights for Claire's vocals. I discussed this with her on my podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpdnJ455tEU&t=2174s
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:07 am Reply with quote
Thanks for posting about this. I wasn't planning to watch my set for awhile, so I likely would've missed the news otherwise.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:35 am Reply with quote
Thanks for announcing this. I haven't even opened my set yet and had no idea this was a thing.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:29 pm Reply with quote
What do you need for proof of purchase; the form doesn't specify. RightStuf doesn't pack invoices in with their shipments anymore and I don't think just taking a picture would prove anything.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:57 pm Reply with quote
TJ_Kat wrote:
What do you need for proof of purchase; the form doesn't specify. RightStuf doesn't pack invoices in with their shipments anymore and I don't think just taking a picture would prove anything.

I took a screenshot of the invoice PDF you can get from viewing the order on their website. Though I just did that today, so my order hasn't been confirmed yet.
v_i
Enjoying the time of EVE
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:59 pm Reply with quote
TJ_Kat wrote:

If you ordered online, you should have gotten an email confirmation from Right Stuf. That will likely work.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:03 pm Reply with quote
KaidoYuji8Shinji wrote:
Has anyone even gotten their ultimate edition? I’m still waiting. Heard it was delayed. Maybe this is delaying it as well..

Nope, haven't gotten mine yet either. Last update I got was the same email back at the end of November saying it was delayed and we'd likely not get it until this month, but still no updates on if that's still the plan even though we're already halfway through the month.

I'm guessing we'll still have to submit for the replacement disc anyway though if the ultimate editions were already put together back in November when that update email came.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Surprised that RightStuf didn't say anything. In the past I've seen them handle replacements for exclusives or at least alert customers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2