• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shin-Chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation Game Launches in West on August 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 am Reply with quote
I’m going to be blunt.
I don’t recommend it. At all.
Was VERY disappointing.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
Even if I know that they won't do their South Park esque gag dub of questionable quality, it'd be fun if they brought back the Funimation cast, assuming there's any voice acting.
merr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:18 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I’m going to be blunt.
Was VERY disappointing.

Really? It looks so charming. What was disappointing about it?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:16 pm Reply with quote
merr wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
I’m going to be blunt.
Was VERY disappointing.

Really? It looks so charming. What was disappointing about it?

I thought so too.
The graphics are charming, but the mechanics are extremely barebone and there isn’t much to do. I was very disappointed when I played the game and finished in like three hours.
The only real thing there is to do in the game is collect bugs, and even that is pretty boring.
They even pad out the game by making it a time loop thing, recycling the same events and voice lines.The time loop barely has any effect on the story and none on the mechanics, making it an obvious ploy by the developer to pad. The mini games that do exist are again, boring. There’s a Rock Paper Scissors game dressed up as a monster battle (a slog), and a DJ thing which I can’t even classify as a game since all you can do is switch records and scratch them.
You can water the farm, but all you can do with those veggies is turn them into your aunt and get a little money, which you can only use on some snacks which do the same thing—raise your energy. That’s it. There’s no incentive to do anything.

It boasts having a lot of features, but all of them are bare-bone. The story is padded out and boring. I love little games and games with a wholesome feel, but they charged like 7,000 yen (60 bucks) for this. It wasn’t fun, and it was a waste of money.
xScar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Another vote to not waste your money on the game, unfortunately.
If it was $20, maybe it would be worth it to a Shin-chan fan.
But at $40-$60 dollars, it's a total waste.

It's cool to see Shin-chan get an international release, but this game definitely isn't going to make any new fans for it or this game series.

The characters and interactions are cute, but once you are introduced to the entire cast, you just run through the same dialog and situations over and over again.

Bleh.
sdsichero
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Faster than I expected.

Bummer that other posters said it is not a good game. Perhaps I might wait for a sale. I am not a big fan of Shin-chan (don't hate him), but the artstyle looked great. A pity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1