• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which anime do you think are the coolest?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racs_fear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:15 am Reply with quote
I don't about others but I found this character to coolest anime character, Naruto & Vegeta is the coolest character I think. I am so obsessed with this anime that I get anime products a lot. till now I got Goku & Vegeta anime-printed t-shirts, Vegeta-printed cups, naruto-printed pop sockets, Kakashi printer phone case...

[EDIT: Made the thread title more specific. -TK]
That's Big!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:49 am Reply with quote
Always did like Kakashi's Susanoo form..
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:15 am Reply with quote
For my money, Dorohedoro is the coolest anime. I like all the characters, the story is great, the world-building is detailed and interesting, the humour is top notch. Some people are put off by the visual look but I love it. I recently bought the first 22 manga volumes and I'm loving the manga version, too.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to go with the original Ghost in the Shell movie and the major. The second GITS movie while a bit incoherent as to story was an absolute delight as to visual and music.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Ooooo, good choice, Alan45. GitS and The Major are indisputably cool.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:07 pm Reply with quote
The first 10-ish minutes of Akira would give just about anything a run for its money.

Though if you're talking just characters, I'll still have to go with Spike Spiegel. Somehow pulls off enough "rule of cool" things while feeling "actually cool" and without ever feeling like trying too hard like most attempts to make a cool character often end up feeling. A pretty grounded character arc probably helps a lot to make his more badass moments (of which there are many) feel earned.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I knew it wouldn't be long before somebody cited Cowboy Bebop. Extremely valid choice.
Felix Anime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I started my anime binge ever since i subscribed to Netflix last year and i finally managed to watch a fair number of classic titles.

Best - JoJo's Amazing Adventure, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion (The original series. My Netflix version doesn't have the "Fly Me To The Moon" end credits) and Ghost In The Shell.

Medium - Sword Art Online, Jobless Reincarnate

Worst - The Future Diary (Boy, was this horrible)

You can consider me a newbie to the anime world. Really welcome any suggestion for titles i should check out in the future.

P.S- I am in Singapore. We don't have Crunchyroll here. I rely on Netflix and Disney+ for my anime.
Jeff Bauersfeld

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:27 am Reply with quote
For a recent choice, Call of the Night on HiDive is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:06 am Reply with quote
I would say Go! Princess Pretty Cure. It’s got some solid action and great characters. Plus, there’s a heroic character who is dark-skinned, which is always a plus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm so confused. Are we talking about the coolest anime or the coolest character? Either way, I personally always thought Eikiichi Onizuka was somehow universally appealing to me. The mix of comedy and seriousness, the attitude of being carefree yet strangely wise, and especially the goofiness and ability to live life to the fullest with few resources. The way Onizuka lives is how a lot of us wish we could live. Inspiring others to make positive changes, yet also never getting stressed about our own problems.
LiamEvans210

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:25 am Reply with quote
Depends on your opion!

But the best anime of all time is Hunter x Hunter in my opion. It has great character development and crazy arcs. Like, it goes from a survival arc, to a tornament arc, to a crime thriller, to a video game arc which somehow ends up in a Man vs Creature Death Battle which turns into a poilitcal debate with a crazy but loving wish granting genie! ringtones free download: https://ringtonesfree.info/

And the villains! Bro, everything is just tied up to everything! Its amazing, highely recommend it!
Samsung charming bell ringtone

Last edited by LiamEvans210 on Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:49 am Reply with quote
Coolest Character: Harley Quinn…oh wait anime…so many to choose from…gonna say a tie between Gabimaru from Hells Paradise and Teresa from Claymore.

Coolest crazy fights: Chainsaw Man

Coolest Music: Myth & Roid Voracity season 1 Overlord
mgree0032

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:37 pm Reply with quote
90s Sailor Moon (VIZ redub) is the coolest for me because it’s a historic footnote on dubbing history.
TheWalnut

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:07 am Reply with quote
The Orbital Children is the coolest IMO. It's awesome to look at how AI is predicting the future. Eager to see if the predictions would become truth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2