• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DreamWorks to Make 3D Live-Action Ghost in the Shell

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
No. Way.

No seriously, no way. This is, 1) too epic to be true, and 2) none of these EVER GET OFF THE GROUND, what's up with that?!
Nomeru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
They could do a good job with this if they tried, I'll look foreward to it in the future.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised Stevie has the patience to sit through the manga. Or maybe he's just talking about the anime like most people.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
Either this is going to be really cool or it's going to be mind-crushingly awful. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I dunno, though. I don't think I can handle GitS without the SAC dub cast Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote
Please don't be like the live-action Aeon Flux...Oh, and insert A.I. jokes here. Rolling Eyes
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
none of these EVER GET OFF THE GROUND, what's up with that?!

If Steven Spielberg's the one responsible for getting the rights, I'd say there's a damn good chance of this film actually getting made.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote
Considering the people already on board for this project, this movie definitely has potential, and knowing Dreamworks they won't skimp out on CG. Anyways, this movie will fail if there's no tachikomas. Razz
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote
For the first time, I'm actually looking forward to a Hollywood remake.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:
Considering the people already on board for this project, this movie definitely has potential, and knowing Dreamworks they won't skimp out on CG. Anyways, this movie will fail if there's no tachikomas. Razz

I doubt the involvement of tachikomas, since it looks like they're just adapting the manga all over again, and the tachikomas were invented for SAC. In other words....

That raises an interesting question, though; a lot of the character designs in the original GitS are different from what's in SAC. Which versions will the live action use?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mmsven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
Hopefully Dreamworks will make up for their atrocious release of Innocence with this new film. I'd rather not have them **** up GITS even more.
bails5607

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:32 am Reply with quote
I nearly just shit my pants. If this gets off the ground and properly funded, this could be epic. Steven Spielberg is a great director, but they better not fudge this up! Looking forward to see the result.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
fokkusuhaundo wrote:

I doubt the involvement of tachikomas, since it looks like they're just adapting the manga all over again, and the tachikomas were invented for SAC. In other words....

There's still fuchikomas... Wink What a way to hit a man where it hurts with that tachikma pic. Embarassed

Murasakisuishou wrote:
That raises an interesting question, though; a lot of the character designs in the original GitS are different from what's in SAC. Which versions will the live action use?

Personally I think the major looks best with purple hair but I can't imagine that translating well to live-action.
Kyouki-Kamikawa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quote
WTF?!
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:
What a way to hit a man where it hurts with that tachikma pic. Embarassed

It wasn't directed at you; you just mentioned failure and tachikomas, and I've been looking for a place to insert that image for a while Anime hyper

fokkusuhaundo wrote:

Personally I think the major looks best with purple hair but I can't imagine that translating well to live-action.

I like the purple hair better too, although I think it'd work just fine in live action. I've seen some awesome Motoko cosplay before (utilizing wigs and contacts and whatnot), so if amateurs can do that on a limited budget, a big name studio could probably pull it off no problem.

I'm really more worried about the rest of Section 9 as far as actors/costuming go. A lot of them are exactly the sort of rough old men that Hollywood doesn't exactly take well to portraying in these sorts of films; I'm sort of nervous they'll try to suave the whole team up, destroying their personality in the process.

And on a slightly related note, am I the only person who just realized that Batou has no eyebrows?
Kyouki-Kamikawa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:54 am Reply with quote
i just read in a magazine the steve likes CRYSIS...reaso ni got crysis was because of GITS..maybe he had the same thoughts
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10