• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Duo Tournament: RESULTS.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote
ccdx wrote:
Heh. Hope to see some intensified campaigning in the next 24 hours.

C-6, C-10, and C-15 are all tied up at 15-15!

Shocked

Well here's my campaigning for Talho & Holland. I believe they should move on because they IMO have the stronger connection and bond. I mean after everything they have been through, all the fights and struggles, they have stood by each other through it all. Holland even learned to be more open and human in a sense in no small part to Talho's efforts. Plus the fact that they are bringing a child into the world towards the end signifies to me how deep and committed they are to each other. This isn't some fleeting romance or friendship, they have real, true, love for each other and all the things they have been through together has to count for something here. So I strongly hope that they find one more vote, or a switch vote, to move on to the next round. Regardless if they can or should win in the next round they deserve to win in this one.

Just as Layla and Sora do as well. I can't help but mention them again for the 4th or 20th time heh. Help them reach the next level of the Kaleido stage by helping move them onto round 2 so they can soar even higher together (god that last bit was cheesy Anime hyper Laughing ).
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

'Fraid I can't respond to that since I'm still in the process of NHK and am awaiting vol. 4's release this week. (Writing this response without looking at the spoiler was kinda dodgy, heh.)

Randall Miyashiro wrote:

The problem that I have with both Sato and Hideki revolves around the fact that both characters come across as pathetic to me. In Hideki's case it feels as though a magical android just happens to appear to him for free while in Sato's case I find the relationship rather one sided as of volume 3 of NHK. These one sided "loser finds amazing girl" seem like wish fulfillment fantasies for lonely otaku and I have not seen couples like this (except in one case which ended really quickly/badly) in real life.

Both of these arguments were made against the show without having completed it. Misaki is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a magical girl/ harem girl. Sorry, but I really find assertions like that against a character inappropriate if you haven't finished the series, especially in a tournament setting. Now, if you want to go ahead and campaign for Talho and Holland, that's fine, but I wouldn't list against NHK without having seen it all the way through. I also think that a lot is revealed in the last few episodes that gives Misaki much, much more depth. And as I've reiterated, it is truly the final episode that tipped the boat for me.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Well here's my campaigning for Talho & Holland. I believe they should move on because they IMO have the stronger connection and bond. I mean after everything they have been through, all the fights and struggles, they have stood by each other through it all. Holland even learned to be more open and human in a sense in no small part to Talho's efforts. Plus the fact that they are bringing a child into the world towards the end signifies to me how deep and committed they are to each other. .

Bringing a child into the world doesn't signify love, just sex. I think Welcome to the NHK here is a better choice. Very Happy

Hubb and Cher are tied with Vincent and Re-L? Wow, who could have called that so tight. I have to think this is because more people saw Wolf's Rain than Ergo Proxy perhaps...
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote
bonbonsrus wrote:
Hubb and Cher are tied with Vincent and Re-L? Wow, who could have called that so tight. I have to think this is because more people saw Wolf's Rain than Ergo Proxy perhaps...

Yeah, Hubb and Cher were very forgettable. I'm surprised they're tied, because even the guide doesn't convince me they are all that strong of a duo. Vincent and Re-l... while they didn't necessarily "need" each other at first, they did open each other to new worlds (mostly in Re-l's case) and in the end they became a good pair. I don't really remember the ending that well, but I do remember these two being quite the duo, unlike the other two. Everything else is kinda hard to explain without major spoilers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait up until frentymon is ready to post Group D, so I am posting the Guide for it now:

Group D Guide

I know a couple of these entries are undeservedly weak, which was primarily a result of me have to write them up based solely off of online sources. In such cases I will update the Guide when a more worthy argument presents itself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quote
Round 1 Group C is now closed. Results are here. A lot of very close ones this time around, as well as another new record, 31 votes! Plus more campaigning, more vote changing, and less random voting than ever. This one week thing is working out really well too, and it's really keeping things moving fast without the consequences I had imagined before (thanks to all who suggested it). Group D will be up in a few minutes, hopefully it will be just as exciting if not more exciting than this round!

Also, ccdx is a very busy person today, so Mini-game results and the updated bracket will be done sometime in the near future.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote
Round 1 Group D is now closed!

And here it is, Group D!
A few of the Rules & Procedures have been altered slightly, you might want to read them here (nothing major).
Besides that, I don’t have much to say, so get voting and enjoy another exciting round!

Group D-1

Aoi Sakuraba & Kaoru Hanabishi from Ai Yori Aoshi
vs.
Minoru Shiraishi & Akira Kogami from Lucky Star

Winner: 21-4
Score: Aoi & Kaoru

Group D-2

Akito Hayama & Sana Kurata from Kodomo no Omocha
vs.
William Jones & Emma from Victorian Romance Emma

Winner: 15-10
Score: William & Emma

Group D-3

Roy Mustang & Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist
vs.
Shadow Girls from Revolutionary Girl Utena

Winner: Roy & Hughes
Score: 22-3

Group D-4

Misuzu Kamio & Yukito Kunisaki from Air
vs.
Yuuko Ichihara & Kimihiro Watanuki from xxxHolic

Winner: Misuzu & Yukito
Score: 16-9

Group D-5

Yusuke Urameshi & Keiko Yukimura from Yu Yu Hakusho
vs.
Arika Yumemiya & Sergey Wang from Mai Otome

Winner: 20-5
Score: Yusuke & Keiko

Group D-6

Lina Inverse & Gourry Gabriev from Slayers
vs.
Nana “Hachiko” Komatsu & Nana Ozaki from Nana

Score: Hachi & Nana

Group D-7

Madoka Ayukawa & Kyosuke Kasuga from Kimagure Orange Road
vs.
Shana & Yuji Sakai from Shakugan no Shana

Score: Yuuji & Shana

Group D-8

San & Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke
vs.
Eiri Yuki & Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation

Winner: San & Ashitake
Score: 19-6

Group D-9

Jim Hawking & Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star
vs.
Sailor Moon & Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon

Winner: Sailor Moon & Tuxedo Mask
Score: 17-8

Group D-10

J & Daisuke Aurora from Heat Guy J
vs.
Rihoko “Rico” & Masane Amaha from Witchblade

Score: Masane & Rihoko

Group D-11

Hikaru Ichijo & Misa Hayase from Macross
vs.
Yomiko Readman & Nancy Makuhari from Read or Die

Winner: 20-5
Score: Yomiko & Nancy

Group D-12

Kimihiro Watanuki & Shizuka Doumeki from xxxHolic
vs.
Kaoru Kamiya & Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin

Winner: Kenshin & Kaoru
Score: 20-5

Group D-13

Kagura Tennouzu & Tatsumi Saiga from Speed Grapher
vs.
Ginji Amano & Ban Mido from GetBackers

Score: Ban & Ginji

Group D-14

Jose & Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl
vs.
Saya Otonashi & Haji from Blood+

Winner: Henrietta & Jose
Score: 13-12

Group D-15

Yukino Miyazawa & Souichiro Arima from His & Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)
vs.
Li Syaoran & Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura

Winner: Arima & Yukino
Score: 16-9

Group D-16

Miroku & Sango from Inu-Yasha
vs.
Kyon & Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Winner: Kyon & Haruhi
Score: 21-4

Last edited by frentymon on Wed May 21, 2008 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote
And as always, the Template (which, as always, you're not required to use):

Template wrote:

Group C-1
Aoi & Kaoru vs. Minoru & Akira

Voting for:
Reason:
Likelihood of vote change (optional):

Group C-2
Akito & Sana vs. William & Emma

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-3
Roy & Hughes vs. Shadow Girls

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-4
Misuzu & Yukito vs. Yuuko & Watanuki

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-5
Yusuke & Keiko vs. Arika & Sergey

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-6
Lina & Gourry vs. Hachi & Nana

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-7
Madoka & Kyosuke vs. Shana & Yuji

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-8
San & Ashitaka vs. Yuki & Shuichi

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-9
Jim & Gene vs. Sailor Moon & Tuxedo Mask

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-10
J & Daisuke vs. Rico & Masane

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-11
Hikaru & Misa vs. Yomiko & Nancy

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-12
Watanuki & Doumeki vs. Kaoru & Kenshin

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-13
Kagura & Saiga vs. Ginji & Ban

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-14
Jose & Henrietta vs. Saya & Haji

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-15
Yukino & Arima vs. Li & Sakura

Voting for:
Reason:

Group C-16
Miroku & Sango vs. Kyon & Haruhi

Voting for:
Reason:
ccdx

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote
The new brackets with the Round 1 Group C results has been posted at: http://home.comcast.net/~unirizer2/

I also have updated the official Mini-Game scores at the bottom of the page.

Lets strive for at least 32 votes this round! Smile

Enjoy.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quote
ccdx wrote:

I might have missed it somewhere, but what do the letter/number codes in the far right column (p1, p8, etc) mean?
ccdx

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
ccdx wrote:

I might have missed it somewhere, but what do the letter/number codes in the far right column (p1, p8, etc) mean?

Well they are suppose to be triangles. One, in this case p, pointing upward and the other, q, pointing downward. They seem to display properly in firefox and IE. They do not display right in Safari for me, not sure why. And of course I'm guessing you have to have the font in your system, in this case Wingdings 3.

They show how many places you moved up or down from last round. So in your case ManOfRust with p 1 next to your name, which should be displayed as up triangle 1, you moved up one place since last round, you were second place last round.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:25 am Reply with quote
This time around I'm only familiar with 28 of the 32 duos, but this will change to 30 of 32 once I get around to watching XXXholic.

Group D-1

Aoi Sakuraba & Kaoru Hanabishi from Ai Yori Aoshi

Even though Aoshi isn't my favorite character in the series Kaoru and her have a bond which goes beyond time. Tina is my personal favorite followed by Miyabi. It's obvious that Kaoru relationship is so strong with Aoi that she doesn't feel jealous by these other girls.

vs.

Minoru Shiraishi & Akira Kogami from Lucky Star

Having only seen the first DVD of Lucky Star I will say that this pair is my least favorite part of the show.

Voting for Aoi and Kaoru. Most likely will stick with this pair unless there is something phenomenal in the Lucky Star duo that happens later.

Group D-2

Akito Hayama & Sana Kurata from Kodomo no Omocha

I really am having a hard time getting into Kodocha. Much like Fruits Basket, I just can't get into the characters. I'm not going to try to convince anyone to not vote for them since there is something about these series (along with Red Garden) that I just am not getting since many people whose opinions I respect love them. I'm still in the process of watching this series and the dreaded "last" DVD 13 is approaching. I wonder if I'll ever finish this series.

vs.

William Jones & Emma from Victorian Romance Emma

I hear plenty of good things about this series. Since it has not been released here yet it is one of three that I don't own yet. I do however intend to watch it as soon as it arrives since it seems to be getting high praise.

Voting for William Jones & Emma
although this might change if someone can convince me that they are not a good couple.

Group D-3

Roy Mustang & Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist

Roy Mustang is one of my favorite anime characters of all times and I love the unspoken ties between him and Hughes. Although the bond is nowhere near as strong as the Elric Brothers I think they should be able to pull this round off.

vs.

Shadow Girls from Revolutionary Girl Utena

I didn't even realize who these girls were during the initiation phase although I suppose it is obvious upon thinking about it.

Voting for Mustang and Hughes. Probability of change is almost nil.

Group D-4

Misuzu Kamio & Yukito Kunisaki from Air

This is the only couple from the series (counting the flashback stuff) that I really care for and thought that introducing all those other characters who are in the OP credits was really silly. This series really suffers in the first DVD because the main couple wasn't prominently used. I assume that their previous incarnations count.

vs.

Yuuko Ichihara & Kimihiro Watanuki from xxxHolic

Haven't got around to watching xxxHolic yet. I might watch the movie and first DVD tonight.

Voting for Misuzu Kamio & Yukito Kunisaki
. This might change if it turns out that I really like the xxxHolic couple.

Group D-5

Yusuke Urameshi & Keiko Yukimura from Yu Yu Hakusho

I haven't watched this series for over 10 years. I really don't remember this couple very well. I actually remember him fairly well, but don't remember much about her. Having just bought the 8 volume Funimation rereleases I probably will get through a few episodes in the next few weeks.

vs.

Arika Yumemiya & Sergey Wang from Mai Otome

Still have a volume of this series to go as well. Arika annoys me and as of now I don't see the connection between the two as being a strong one. I also think that this couple is a bit creepy. Definitely not in the same class as Natsuki and Shizuru,

Voting for Yusuke Urameshi & Keiko Yukimura by a small edge. I might change my mind after rewatching Yu Yu.

Group D-6

Lina Inverse & Gourry Gabriev from Slayers

I love these two who work well together on a few different levels. Slayers would not be the show it is without either of these two.

vs.

Nana “Hachiko” Komatsu & Nana Ozaki from Nana

The other series (along with Emma) that I do not own. I hope Viz will eventually release this one.

Voting for the infamous Lina and Gourry. I probably will not change my vote since I really like the Slayers duo, but don't know anything about Nana.

Group D-7

Madoka Ayukawa & Kyosuke Kasuga from Kimagure Orange Road

Much like Kyousuke, who mentions it in the OP credits, I was also 15 in 1987 when the series first came out. Orange Road is super nostalgic for me, although I don't expect too many to share my sentiments. Osamu Kobayashi has proven with Orange Road, Beck and Paradise Kiss that he can create characters that I can relate to and believe in.

vs.

Shana & Yuji Sakai from Shakugan no Shana

I love Shana (both the character and the series) and found Yuji rather bland in comparison. I actually think the interplay with Shana and Alastor (and Yuji's mom) works far better.

Voting for Kyosuke and Madoka. I'm pretty solid on this vote, but will not be surprised if they do not win.

Group D-8

San & Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke

I'm slightly lukewarm with this couple and prefer the Howl's couple over them. They really don't have enough time together to really develop as a couple.

vs.

Eiri Yuki & Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation

One is a whiny brat and the other is a mean heartless SOB. I really couldn't stand either of these characters from Gravitation (who remind me of the Loveless duo) and always wondered why it is so popular. I suppose I just don't get most Yaoi.

Voting for San and Ashitaka. While not my favorite Miyazaki duo I really can't stand the Gravitation duo.

Group D-9

Jim Hawking & Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star

These two remind me of the Crusher Joe boys. Not as cool as the Cowboys from Bebop they still are worth mentioning. They are as close as brothers.

vs.

Sailor Moon & Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon

Although I'm not a huge Sailor Moon fan these two do make an impression. I will definitely give them my support, especially if this duo also counts for Usagi and Mamoru who I think make an even cuter couple.

Voting for Tuxedo Kamen and Sailor Moon even though I'm not a fan of the series. I might change my vote since I really like Outlaw Star better than Sailor Moon as a series.

Group D-10

J & Daisuke Aurora from Heat Guy J

One of my all time favorite pairs. I love how Daisuke defends J's rights even though he has more reason than most to not trust androids. I love how Dice's irresponsibility is balanced by J's sense of duty.

vs.

Rihoko “Rico” & Masane Amaha from Witchblade

These two are one of the cutest anime couples. I love the episode where Masane secretly follows around Rico and Takayama to make sure they are doing well. I also love how Rico takes care of Masane,

Voting for Rico and Masane. This was a real hard decision since I love both couples. It's funny how the paternal/maternal pairs are matched up against each other. I'm still not sure which duo I really like better, but think that the Witchblade couple has a few more supporters here.

Group D-11

Hikaru Ichijo & Misa Hayase from Macross

They don't get more classic than this. I've always liked Misa better than Minmei. I actually think a Hikaru/Roy duo would be even stronger.

vs.

Yomiko Readman & Nancy Makuhari from Read or Die

I like this couple as well but will have to say that the Yomiko Nenene duo is a bit stronger.

Voting for Hikaru and Misa. This is one that I could go either way on as well.

Group D-12

Kimihiro Watanuki & Shizuka Doumeki from xxxHolic

As I mentioned above I still haven't watched my xxxHolic DVDs and will by the end of this week.

vs.

Kaoru Kamiya & Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin

It's funny that I did this as my last minute (final) nomination despite not being a huge fan. They just seem so iconic and Kenshin seems so beloved here. I love how Kenshin represents the wandering spirit, while Kaoru represents home and family. I also love how Kaoru can be boyish while Kenshin can appear quite girlish.

Voting for Kaoru and Kenshin. I wish I could state why this couple works so well. It's times like these where I miss Tony K. I don't think watching xxxHolic will change my vote on this one.

Group D-13

Kagura Tennouzu & Tatsumi Saiga from Speed Grapher

This is by far the best part about Speed Grapher, a series which I actually enjoyed. I love the idea that Saiga has scene the world while Kagura has been a prisoner in her own home. She is a girl without a father, and he is a lonely guy with no family. It reminds me of Gonzo's Solty Rei and Witchblade couples.

vs.

Ginji Amano & Ban Mido from GetBackers

These two define the word partners. Their personalities are so different, yet they work well together.

Voting for Saiga and Kagura. As much as it pains me to vote against the Getbackers I really love the Gonzo parent/child relationships and will have to vote for them.

Group D-14

Jose & Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl

I don't particularly remember this pair much more than any of the other pairs in Gunslinger Girl. They felt a bit too distant, which was intentional, for me to get too emotional over them.

vs.

Saya Otonashi & Haji from Blood+

Not sure what to make of this couple with only the first half of the series out on DVD of which I'm still in the process of watching.

Voting for Saya and Haji
since their relationship seems to have better potential compared to the mediocre feeling I get from the Gunslinger duo. Probably can be swayed to change my vote since I'm not attached to either duo.

Group D-15

Yukino Miyazawa & Souichiro Arima from Kare Kano

They are another cute couple. I love how they are in the same boat in regards to living up to expectations that they have created for themselves. It is often nice to share ones problems with someone in the same boat.

vs.

Li Syaoran & Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura

I actually like the Tsubasa versions of these two better although I have not seen all of CCS yet. Despite this there are other CLAMP couples like Sorata and Arashi who I feel are more intense.

Voting for Miyazawa and Arima.
I'm not a huge fan of this couple but prefer them over the other.

Group D-16

This couple is a watered down version of Lum and Ataru. Although not bad they are far from being one of Takahashi's stronger couples.

vs.

Kyon & Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I think we know who will win this one. I'm actually not a huge (compared to most) Haruhi fan but still enjoy this duo.

Voting for Haruhi and Kyon.
Key

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:28 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Group D-16

I don't have time at the moment to do my bracket, but I did notice that the pic linked here is dead wrong, frentymon. That's Inuyasha (in human form) and Kagome instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aylinn

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote
Group D-1

Voting for: Minoru & Akira
Reason: Minoru & Akira were funny and well I read a bit about Ai Yori Aoshi and I don't like it. From what I have read it seem that Aoi is a perfect minion and her only aim in life is to serve her boyfriend.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Very low

Group D-2

Voting for: William & Emma
Reason: I'm going with the one I'm familiar with but I think William & Emma have a strong relationship.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Impossible

Group D-3

Voting for:Roy & Hughes
Reason: I have seen both series and I don't see Shadow Girls as a strong duo.

Group D-4

Voting for: Yuuko & Watanuki
Reason: They have quite interesting relationship and Yuuko's face expression was priceless when spoiler[Watanuki told her he would try his hardest to grant her wish.] and Misuzu's voice was annoying whenever I hear her I have a surge of nausea.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): when hell freezes over

Group D-5

Voting for: Yusuke Urameshi & Keiko Yukimura
Reason: I haven't seen either, vote based on guide
Likelihood of vote change (optional): High

Group D-6

Voting for:Hachi & Nana
Reason: They support and help each other. When Lina & Gourry relationship is funny relief most of the time.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Impossible

Group D-7

Voting for: Shana & Yuji
Reason: I don't like either duo I go with the one I know better.

Group D-8

Voting for: San & Ashitaka
Reason: I’m not familiar with Yuki & Shuichi
Likelihood of vote change (optional): medium

Group D-9

Voting for: Jim Hawking & Gene Starwind
Reason: I always was under impression that Sailor Moon & Tuxedo Mask are together because of their past.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Low

Group D-10

Voting for: J & Daisuke
Reason: vote based on guide

Group D-11

Voting for: Yomiko & Nancy
Reason: I’m going with the duo I’m familiar with.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): medium

Group D-12

Voting for: Watanuki & Doumeki
Reason: Watanuki & Doumeki are funny and they are well developed friends besides I preferred Kenshin with Tomoe.

Group D-13

Voting for: Ban Midou & Ginji Amano, GetBackers
Reason: vote base on guide

Group D-14

Voting for: Saya Otonashi & Haji from Blood+
Reason: I’m more familiar with Saya & Haji

Group D-15

Voting for: Li & Sakura
Reason: My favourite male& female couple from Clamp and I’m still amused by the fact that spiler from Tsubasa spoiler[they begot a son that looks exactly like his father.]

Group D-16

Voting for: Kyon & Haruhi
Reason: Haruhi's energy and Kyon's comments made the show.

Last edited by Aylinn on Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote
Group D-1

Winner: Aoi and Kaoru. Haven't seen it, and I have a strong distaste for the yamato nadeshiko type of girls. However, compared to the Lucky Star couple, I'd rather give them my vote. I just can't, CAN'T stand the latter series. especially since Akira looks like Haruko from FLCL.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): The same as hell freezing over... Or maybe not.

Group C-2

Winner: Akito and Sana. Haven't seen either series, but I've heard of Kodocha. Besides, enemies turned friends are kind of fun IMHO.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Medium low, unless someone REALLY convinces me.

Group C-3

Winner: Roy and Hughes. Shoot, no contest there! Not only do I hate Utena, but these two, in spite of Hughes' obsession with his wife and child, do make a great couple. And spoiler[Hughes' death made me cry, a lot, plus Roy's reaction there proved he's not just an ambitious, somewhat perverted jerk]
Likelihood of vote change (optional): The same as hell freezing over. Definitely.

Group C-4

Winner: Misuzu and Yukito. Haven't seen either series, and I tend to favor non-romantic couples, but the characters in xxxHolic just give me the creeps! So I'm voting against the CLAMP characters. Sorry.

Group C-5

Winner: Yusuke and Keiko. Going with the ones I know, to be honest. I've never seen Yuu Yuu Hakusho, but I've seen some images.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Medium low.

Group C-6

Winner: Nana and Nana Anime hyper. This is one series I'm highly interested in watching. So, sorry for Lina and Gourry, but I'm voting for the namesakes.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Low.

Group C-7

Winner: Shana and Yuuji. Another series I'd like to watch soon, and their kind of relationship is rather hilarious. Besides, the guide had a pretty good argument in their favor too.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Low.

Group C-8

Winner: San and Ashitaka. I haven't finished seeing Mononoke Hime, but I really want to. Besides, I liked these two. And as many know, I HATE YAOI. I simply hate it with the intensity of a thousand burning suns. I'm not against gay people. I'm against gay series.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): The same as hell freezing over.

Group C-9

Winner: Jin and Gene. Sorry, LydiaDianne, but you know full well that Sailor Moon is far from being a series I like n_nU. That's my reason, so now you can pelt me with rotten stuff.

Group C-10

Winner: J and Daisuke. Heat Guy J is a series I liked quite a lot (in spite of Claire). And these two complemented each other very well. It was a surprise for me when I saw these two in the tourney, so I'll be rootin' for these two. Heck, I would've liked to have a dad with J's wisdom Anime cry.

Group C-11

Winner: Yomiko and Nancy. I was never able to stomach Macross, and I love books, so why shouldn't I vote for fellow bookworms? ;3

Group C-12

Winner: Kenshin and Kaoru. Seriously, I think this pairing has to last a lot in this tourney. Being a Rurouni Kenshin fan myself, I enjoyed the hilarious moments a lot (oro... Anime dazed) and the touching ones. Besides, it's nice to see how a tomboy like Kaoru changed.

Group C-13

Winner: Ban and Ginji. From being in missions to trying to get anything for free at the Honky-Tonk, these two are there for each other. Mix a guy who can spoiler[make you live a nightmare when you're still awake but has quite a temper and loves to make up parking spaces] and a spoiler[human eel who can shock you to death and has a darker side, but who's still pretty naïve, is terrified of Akabane and goes into an adorable chibi mode at any moment.]. So, in spite of me knowing Kagura and Saiga, my vote goes for the odd yet complementing couple.

Group C-14

Winner: Saya and Haji. I always felt there was something more than just protecting and being protected between them. Blood+ was a series I enjoyed, and I admit I have a weak spot for Haji.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Very, very low.

Group C-15

Winner: Li and Sakura. I dislike both pairings, so I was forced to use a coin. Tails... Li and Sakura win.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Medium high.

Group C-16

Winner: Miroku and Sango. You are free to hate my reason, as I don't like Inuyasha either, but I harbor a very strong hate towards TMoHS. I fail to see what is the thing that has everyone absorbed into it, and the Hare Hare Yukai has me sick. So I'm voting for the other two, even though Miroku sort of gets on my nerves. Sango is okay, though.
Likelihood of vote change (optional): Same as hell freezing over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 80