• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2008 - Bandai Entertainment

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote
Kind of disappointed you didn't ask about Honneamise...
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
Whoa, I would have loved to see a video of everyone doing that dance, must've been cool. And I'm glad to hear that Bandai is releasing all three of the Code Geass Manga series, I had been wondering.
Mevious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:26 am Reply with quote
I should've went to that panel and asked about Shigofumi. What the hell are they doing with it?
Patz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote
I went and regarding Shigofumi, True Tears, and Sola they just said they were still on hold. no new info.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
In the post, it said Gurren Lagann's Bilingual release was coming in 2009. I thought a week or 2 ago, they said it got moved up to November of this year. Is what is in the post true or is November true?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
Why have they made another dub of Innocence? Was the existing one not good enough?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:12 am Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
In the post, it said Gurren Lagann's Bilingual release was coming in 2009. I thought a week or 2 ago, they said it got moved up to November of this year. Is what is in the post true or is November true?

They said they were going to release it in November if they finished the dub in time. It looks like they couldn't do so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mevious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
Patz wrote:
I went and regarding Shigofumi, True Tears, and Sola they just said they were still on hold. no new info.

Curses. Well, I hope the extra time allows them to change their mind and increase the amount of episodes they were planning on selling per DVD (two!).
Panda Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Panda Man wrote:

They said they were going to release it in November if they finished the dub in time. It looks like they couldn't do so.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Well, I guess I'm fine with waiting a bit longer. But, atleast it is gonna be released with 9 episodes.
Patz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Why have they made another dub of Innocence? Was the existing one not good enough?

They basically said that they felt the voice actors they use for the roles are better so they decided to redub it. So basically yeah lol
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Panda Man wrote:

But...The whole series is airing dubbed on SciFi. The dub will be finished before November.

Patz wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

They basically said that they felt the voice actors they use for the roles are better so they decided to redub it. So basically yeah lol

Wait wait wait wait wait wait what? Bandai Entertainment's not going to be using the Stand Alone Complex dub actors on their release of Innocence? Is that what I'm hearing?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
But...The whole series is airing dubbed on SciFi. The dub will be finished before November.

Releasing the dub on DVD does take time. Anyway, I'm loving the boxset content. Simon's drill FTW, and the pictures I've seen of the box seems to have either a wallscroll or T-shirt in it, along with two other items. I can't wait! Smile
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
-Geass Novels confirmed
-Gurren Lagann dual audio in 9 episode sets

great news Bandai heres my wallet in advance.

(if you guys can put gupla back in Walmart I'll give you my checkbook too)
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
When the Combat Butler Hayate series was released on DVD in Japan, there were two audio tracks included. One bleeped out all of the show's many specific references to specific other anime; the other left all of them intact.

...what? I haven't seen this show, so could someone explain this one to me. That doesn't sound like the kind of thing that you'd need to bleep out.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Ever notice on sitcoms where someone is drinking a Coke but covering the logo so it can't be read by the viewer? It's the same kind of thing, as I understand it. It avoids the question of product placement, TM violations, etc. In Hayate, each episode was loaded with pop culture (mostly anime and manga) references, and the bleeps themselves were something of a running gag.

It's a good show, and I'm really looking forward to the R1 release. What I'd really like to see is an optional popup-video-style notes feature similar to the Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi DVDs, which were also loaded with pop culture jokes (some pretty dang obscure).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2