• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushishi, Neo Angelique Manga Finish in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clodus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I really want the rest of Mushishi to be animated. I hope they decide to make continue more of the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Mushishi has an end? :/

With the manga wrapping up, and the anime getting so much praise, it should hopefully widen the door for Artland and the original staff to come back with more animation of it. I'd certainly anticipate that should it actually occur.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
i would love for more Mushishi to be animated but they did quite a lot of it in the anime. I don't think there is enough left for a full 26 episode series. Plus great as Mushishi is it's episodic so it's not as though the ending we have is incomplete. I don't think we should get our hopes up.
seryass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
There's a big noticeable typo in the article.

Konami have nothing to do with the Neoromance series. It's Koei who make the Neoromance series.

I've seen this mistake quite a lot recently when the companies have no relation to each other whatsoever apart from the fact they have both made dating sim games amongst other similar genres though I should mention they are different types of dating sims for each company.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
i would love for more Mushishi to be animated but they did quite a lot of it in the anime. I don't think there is enough left for a full 26 episode series. Plus great as Mushishi is it's episodic so it's not as though the ending we have is incomplete. I don't think we should get our hopes up.

True. If anything, the anime can be seen as a sampling of sorts of the manga, though they could always do a shorter episode count (6 or 13 eps.) for a sequel. Still would be quite nice to have an encore...
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised Mushishi's so short. If volume 4 is any indication, it seems like the manga-ka is getting lazy with the material. It's not a series I hate, mind you. It just lacks a motivation to continue reading it.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I'm not surprised Mushishi's so short. If volume 4 is any indication, it seems like the manga-ka is getting lazy with the material. It's not a series I hate, mind you. It just lacks a motivation to continue reading it.

This is just your opinion as I felt the stories in Mushishi got even better as they went on.

I am fine with it ending though because 10 volumes is easier to collect then 20+

Also perhaps this will mean the rest of the manga will get animated which I would love.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1