• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AX Alternative Manga Book Editor Lists Artist Lineup

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bj_waters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean that it will only be a one-shot deal and not a new magazine serializing manga? Huhn. I really like the manga magazine concept and wish we had it more in America. Sure, now there's Yen Plus (which is good), but I'd like to see several magazines going. That'd be cool.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
bj_waters wrote:
So does this mean that it will only be a one-shot deal and not a new magazine serializing manga?

Considering Top Shelf lists it as volume one on their website, I am assuming that this is a new anthology. I hope.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
bj_waters wrote:
So does this mean that it will only be a one-shot deal and not a new magazine serializing manga?

Considering Top Shelf lists it as volume one on their website, I am assuming that this is a new anthology. I hope.

My understanding is that more volumes are planned (though I have no idea what the timescale for future releases is) but it will definitely be a book rather than a magazine. It's essentially a "best of AX" kind of a thing.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't thinking of it as an anthology like Shonen Jump, though, where on-going series are serialized. More like "The Best Of..." like you suggested.

We should hopefully see an annual release for this -- given the current climate, I couldn't expect anything else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1