• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Posts More Ouran, Romeo X Juliet Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I've either already seen this stuff or have no interest in it, but wow. I think they already have a sizable amount to offer, so this is pretty amazing. I certainly thank them for it, especially putting up Gunslinger Girl 2. I saw the first episode fansubbed and was put off by the drastic change in animation, but since it was on their video portal I decided to give it a go and ended up enjoying immensely. Will most likely buy it once it's out in a boxset/viridian collection.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
More Ghost Hunt too? That's cool. I already have it, so I don't care that much, but still the amount of stuff they have online is really amazing
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
just so everyone knows, Funimation DOES have shikabane hime kuro, but they merged it with regular shikabane hime, episode 14 is the first episode of kuro

they're also a few episodes behind. but yeah, i find this source very nice, was watching 6 eps of strain the other day,pretty interesting

edit: also, i dont see any full metal panic! on here...http://www.funimation.com/video/?page=shows

in fact, I thought ADV still had FMP...

Last edited by Kougeru on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Sigh .... still no dubbed episodes of Shigurui: Death Frenzy ....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

ADV has FMP and FMP: FUMOFFU, Funimation has FMP: The Second Raid.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

ADV has FMP and FMP: FUMOFFU, Funimation has FMP: The Second Raid.
since when? that was just on demand a few months ago ....and still the article says they have FMP, and links to season 1...(none are on the site anyway) Tho i guess this is misleading phrase is funimation's fault , judging from the fact it's a press release. If it's not up yet, they shouldn't say it is. though i'd be really suprised if they somehow got ADV to let them put up season 1 of FMP anyway..

after checking the other 2 shows they said had english dubs "Added" looks like it's just trailers..but at least they're even listed. seems like the press release was ahead of whoever was in charge of actually uploading lol, oh well.

I never finished FMP season 1 because anime on demand kept stopping it about 4 episodes before it was done, tho they aired season 2 about 3 times completely and fumoffu like 5. Lame misleading press release got my hopes up >.<

Last edited by Kougeru on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
This is one odd press release since these are almost entirely in the VOD/DTO section of the site.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
The lack of FMP worries me.

I don't need the Digital Iron Curtain poping up on Funimation's site. Thank you very much.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

I don't need the Digital Iron Curtain poping up on Funimation's site. Thank you very much.
The only thing related to FMP i can even find on their site is a VERY low resolution episode on the "TV" section....http://www.funimation.com/fullmetalpanic/

pretty disappointing if this is what they meant lol, thought htat was already there tho
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

The only thing related to FMP i can even find on their site is a VERY low resolution episode on the "TV" section....http://www.funimation.com/fullmetalpanic/

pretty disappointing if this is what they meant lol, thought htat was already there tho

They meant here:
http://www.funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=vod

And here is a list of what has been added (since last time I indexed the site):
afro samurai resurrection (movie d)
amg s2 (flights of fancy) 1-24d
baccano 1-4d
dtb through -10d
fmp tsr 1-7d
gad guard 1-4s
ouran 22-25s (series now complete s,d)
rxj through 19s
save me lolipop through 13s
shika kuro through 4s
vandread 9-18s
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
They should clarify that the videos are on the download-to-own section and not the free streaming section. I was all stoked cause I thought they added more Ouran episodes for free Sad
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
ScrappedAeon wrote:
They should clarify that the videos are on the download-to-own section and not the free streaming section. I was all stoked cause I thought they added more Ouran episodes for free Sad

That would explain my confusion, I couldn't get why they would be putting almost all the episodes online for free. Anyway, glad to have a more concrete date for RxJ, it feels like I've been waiting for this for a long time (heck, I think it was the first series I watched fansubbed).
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Chris Sabat directing, cool! Kind of funny to think of Kurogane directing a love story. But then again, putting Ayame (From Fruits Basket) yeah it's a dead fit Razz.
Ian K

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote
The reason no one can find the videos is because Funimation updates the portal on Fridays. So when Funimation says that these videos are 'new this week', it means the stuff will go up tomorrow.

Perhaps a mod can fix the article to reflect that the stuff is not there yet?

EDIT: Of course, when I said the stuff will go up tomorrow, I actually meant the day after tomorrow. It's ben a long week, and it's only half over.

Last edited by Ian K on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
Chris Sabat directing, cool! Kind of funny to think of Kurogane directing a love story. But then again, putting Ayame (From Fruits Basket) yeah it's a dead fit Razz.

No, no, he'll do it Alex Louis Armstrong-style! (FMA) All the characters will rip off their shirts, flex, and say, "this technique has been handed down from the Montague family for generations!!!"

Shakespeare would approve! Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2