• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai English Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quote
I better expect nothing after Sky Crawlers. At least Musashi cannot be even more boring.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
I better expect nothing after Sky Crawlers. At least Musashi cannot be even more boring.
lol haha. I was disappointed in sky crawlers but at least it was great to look at...
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
hara wrote:

I haven't seen The Sky Crawlers, but that's just plain harsh.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai. Trailers are showing epic potential, and Mamoru Oshii being involved certainly isn't a bad thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kindups

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
At first I thought this was a movie based of Gundoh Musashi and was seriously confused...
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I love the story of Musashi. Ever since I read the book by Eiji Yoshikawa, he has been a real favorite historical personage of mine. I even had to order Yakuza Kenzan even though it takes some fairly heavy liberties.

This? Can't wait. Even though I'm not an Oshii fan I'm psyched to see more Musashi~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked The Sky Crawlers for its subject matter, and I'm usually one to just watch anime movies for the action.

The only story I've seen on Mushashi Miyamoto though is the old live action Samurai trilogy that starred Toshiro Mifune (which ends with a shot that looks a like the photo in this story). Haven't seen any anime adaptions of it but this one seems like it's gonna be a full-force production.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Posting this in English was a smart move on Production I.G.'s part; they clearly recognize how strong the fan market here in America is and want to spread the word. I've yet to see "Sky Crawlers," but I must say I'm looking forward to this one more, simple because of my interest in the story from reading "Vagabond."
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
From this footage, it looks like it could go either way. If they actually decide to give the characters a personality, it could be really good. If they do it as a straight-lace samurai film, I couldn't care less.
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
kindups wrote:
At first I thought this was a movie based of Gundoh Musashi and was seriously confused...

I was honestly hoping it was. Oh well, I don't mind trading something wonderfully horrible for something potentially awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1