• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takehiko Inoue: Vagabond Manga Will End in 1-2 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
The series has been an exciting read and I'm glad that Inoue has been able to bring it out to what it is. But hey, we still get another year or two so that's an additional 2-4 volumes if my calculations are correct.
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote
I really hope the ending is as fantastic as the manga was up until just after spoiler[Takezo massacred those 70? samurai killing off that entire dojo's(school's) membership and was cowardly injured by it's coward captain (the one who was to succeed the two master brothers that had been defeated in duels to the death by Takezo in the days leading up to that legendary 1 against 70? battle) from behind as Takezo fell for his "playing dead" ploy]

The manga just hasn't been the same, since that chapter. Sad

Restore it to it's peek glory, please, Takehiko-san, BEFORE concluding this epic saga. Anime smallmouth
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
Been wondering about this for a while now. Good to know this isn't going to be a "Berserk," since the story in Vagabond has entered it's final stages -- or so he says. Still, it is going to be bittersweet once this epic series is over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JLightstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote
What i want to know is why his exhibit is called the final manga exhibit? Could this be a statement he might be retiring in the near future?
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
That's weird, because I heard that Vagabond doesn't even begin to touch the surface of the Musashi tale at this point. But I could sort of tell he was finishing it, since Viz decided to put out those collections.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
That's weird, because I heard that Vagabond doesn't even begin to touch the surface of the Musashi tale at this point. But I could sort of tell he was finishing it, since Viz decided to put out those collections.

Yes, and that gives hope to those of us that are collecting those collections. Unlike Tokyopop and what they did to us with those Fruits Basket collectors editions. Mad

Plus the Vagabond spines on the omnibus versions look so good on the shelf. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agoston

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Plus the Vagabond spines on the omnibus versions look so good on the shelf. Wink
Hell yes, they look pretty sweet lined up Razz Picked up the third a while ago, I was reading it when I saw this article haha. Good to hear, not because I don't like the manga, but it's always nice when a manga (especially a long one) has an ending that's planned out instead of being a budget cut.
miji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
I just started reading the big books a couple of weeks ago (just finished 2 and 3 last night)! Loving it so far! It is nice to see that the story will finally come to an end though. For some reason, with manga it's hard for me to follow because they seem to go on forever. I know that is not the case for all manga, just usually for the ones I'm interested in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1