• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shinichi/Shinichiro Watanabe Confusion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dakameleon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I'd just like to point out that the crediting in the Encyclopedia for Excel Saga has Shinichi Watanabe as the director, while the director for Cowboy Bebop is credited as Shinichiro Watanabe.... I was undet the distinct impression that the series were directed by one and the same, Shinichiro Watanabe.

can someone point me in the right direction?
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Shinichi Watanabe and Shinichiro Watanabe are two seperate individuals. Lord knows the world is not big enough for two Shinichi Watanabes....the man IS Nabeshin, right down to the suit and afro.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:42 am Reply with quote
I've checked in Clements & McCarthy's Encyclopedia. Excel Saga's director is indeed Shinichi Watanabe, and Cowboy Bebop's director is Shinichiro Watanabe. The book may have a few mistakes here and there, but I'm pretty sure they got that right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dakameleon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Ahk, my bad then I guess Sad . I have no idea where this suggestion cropped up from but it did so thanks for the correction Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1