• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Hunter D Manga on Kindle, P.S. Triple on iPhone

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I have Vampire Hunter D volume 1 on my iPod Touch, I hope there's more volumes to download, I liked it.

Mary
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Yay! One manga on the Kindle! Now if only they can expand that into every manga ever printed in the US, and add in every Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Murder Mystery and Historical novel ever made, I would actually buy a Kindle...

Has anyone actually managed to find what they were looking for on the Kindle (not college textbooks and not the classics).
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Man, they really went all the way in moe-fying the PS3. I'm guessing that's Wii-chan on the right and 360-tan on the left?
domino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quote
ps three-san in English? Interesting.

Though I think the character designs are lacking. With everything being turned into a moe girl these days, I've seen a lot better designs for console girls elsewhere. As the commenter above said, the green hair girl looks like she should be the XBOX360 and the childish pigtailed girl looks like she should be the Wii, but they are actually the other way around. The only girl who looks even kind of related to the console she represents is PS Three-san, but that's only because she has a giant controller strapped to her head. Totally unimaginative designs. Art is kind of bleh too. Most of the jokes don't make any sense and seem to have been translated in a heavily localized way that somehow makes even less sense, so it will be interesting to see where the English iPhone presence takes this series.

Original comic is here, for the curious:

http://ikapani.blog55.fc2.com
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Man, they really went all the way in moe-fying the PS3. I'm guessing that's Wii-chan on the right and 360-tan on the left?

HAHAHAHA i knew i wasn't the only one thinking this when i saw that name.
Nebs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
I'm guessing that's Wii-chan on the right and 360-tan on the left?

Other way around, actually. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quote
They picked a great tittle to start this off. I hope more manga gets transferred into digital form like this. I have been wanting this for a long time now Good to see Vampire hunter D alive and well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1