• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds Aria the Origination & Arietta, Antique Bakery, Junjou Romantica

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quote
They also have acquired Junjō Romantica. Both seasons.

EDIT: Ah, the article was edited to include the JR news. Wasn't there initially.

Last edited by Jedi General on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I still have to get the Aria boxsets, but this encourages me to buy them now. I'm not a fan of Junjou....but I can give it a shot.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Omg, Antique Bakery and Junjou? That's awesome!! I expected these both to be MB titles, if they ever got licensed. Well, Junjou, I knew somebody would get eventually, but Antique Bakery is a pleasant surprise. Very nice!
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Heck yeah, Antique and Junjou! Very Happy
kill-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Aria the Origination, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~ Shocked

I can die happy Embarassed
poehitman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least they didn't ruin a series I actually want to see by licensing it and then releasing it without a dub.
Cait

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
This is good news, because now there's actually a good chance that Junjo will actually be dubbed, while Media Blasters almost never dubs BL. Wonderful.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow I'm so happy that someone licensed Junjou. Hopefully someone import a few into NZ...
JLightstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I was under the impression that Junjo had already been licensed by Kadokawa Pictures USA. It's great news that Antique has been licensed.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Freaking awesome, those are just the types of shows I'd expect of them. If only they had licensed Spice and Wolf instead. Now they just need to pick up Bartender, Moyashimon, and Kaiba.
cherrywolfchan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
JLightstar wrote:
I was under the impression that Junjo had already been licensed by Kadokawa Pictures USA. It's great news that Antique has been licensed.

It is. Nozomi Entertainment/Right Stuf is mainly just distributing it. I suppose it's kind of a two way license. They are distributing it through Kadokawa Pictures. Something like that.

Other than that, I'm totally excited for Junjou Romantica! Can't wait to own both seasons in 2010!!!
Cait

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
JLightstar wrote:

Kadokawa was "shopping" it around for US distribution. A US company was going to do the legwork for them, and as it turns out, Rightstuf/Nozomi got to be that company. Good news for all of us. I haven't tried a Rightstuf/Nozomi anime I didn't like yet.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
poehitman wrote:
Well, at least they didn't ruin a series I actually want to see by licensing it and then releasing it without a dub.

How does that work? Do you like it until the moment it you find out it's been licensed, but they're not producing a dub for it? At which point it is ruined and retroactively sucks? I can understand being disappointed, but the level of histrionics that always surrounds the lack of a dub in a release is a bit much. And while Aria almost surely won't have a dub, you're not even certain the others won't, though I do think it's a stretch.

Aside from the predictable gnashing of teeth over the lack of a dub for these niche shows (Maybe they'd actually like to generate a profit off these releases?), I'm glad these shows are getting released. They may not really be shows I'm all that interested in (Aria bores me, even if I like it very much visually and think the character designs are attractive) but Right Stuf always does a good job with their releases without putting 7 episodes on a single disc and using flimsy boxes with no extras. That is something we could use more of.

Last edited by hissatsu01 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Cait wrote:
This is good news, because now there's actually a good chance that Junjo will actually be dubbed, while Media Blasters almost never dubs BL. Wonderful.

Check out The Third which Right Stuf put out with Kadokawa in the past.
I was hoping they'd get the distribute on it. Couldn't really see it as a Funi thing like FMP 2nd Raid.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote
YEAH! I'm so excited! Junjo and Antique Bakery! Looks like TRSI will be getting another chunk of my paycheck come 2010.

Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5