• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nana Mizuki Voices Japanese Windows 7 Premium Character

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
First this is cool, second i wonder how hard it would be to get this on the US version of Win7 pro (which i already have ordered)

and honestly i think it is a bit limiting to place Nana Mizuki with just being noted at being from Naruto given her rather wide list of rolls and the fact that in Naruto she's not one of the front line characters where she has other rolls where she is a main character.

Final point wonder how we can get this feature.

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dinoguy1000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
So... she's an official OS-tan?
Vicserr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
First this is cool, second i wonder how hard it would be to get this on the US version of Win7 pro (which i already have ordered)

Total and completely No way that this will be included in the US version, it doesn't match Micro$oft image in the US, in Japan, that another thing as they have to fight to keep themselves in the public eye with stunts like this and getting exclusives for the X Box 360 in the homeland of the PS3 and the Wii.

Quote:
and honestly i think it is a bit limiting to place Nana Mizuki with just being noted at being from Naruto given her rather wide list of rolls and the fact that in Naruto she's not one of the front line characters where she has other rolls where she is a main character.

Final point wonder how we can get this feature.

-Gabe

Checks her bio... She might be a 2nd stringer in Naruto, but compared with the rest of her work, Naruto is more of a draw than everything else in her body of work...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
kyon_boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I'll bet we could get this on the US versions pretty quickly after release... that would be sweet!
omoikane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of excited about this; Microsoft in Japan definite target their geeks very heavily and this is a smart approach.

Quote:
Checks her bio... She might be a 2nd stringer in Naruto, but compared with the rest of her work, Naruto is more of a draw than everything else in her body of work...

In Japan she doesn't need anime to prop her name up, as she's more widely known for herself now.

But yeah. Naruto. Among countless others. And her music career.
bossyman15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Dinoguy1000 wrote:
So... she's an official OS-tan?

same thought here too.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:

I'm sure someone will create a pack for everyone to use. I myself have Win 7 Home Premium and won a copy of Win 7 Ultimate Signature edition. It would be pretty awesome to have her voice say things.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Nice. If only Microsoft did that in the States. Regardless, I'll be getting Windows 7 Home Premium sometime soon.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I just hope Win7 doesn't suck, like Vista did. I wouldn't mind changing off of XP. But if it will make a 3.2 act like a 1.8 then I'll pass.

I agree with people here, I wish they would do something like this in the NA market. I think that customization features are poorly underestimated aspects of product value among the big box software developers. A lot of times even when they say it is highly customizable you still have to crack the code to make things look the way you want.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Annf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
The name "Nanami Madobe" can be interpreted as a wordplay on Nana Mizuki's name and the Japanese word madobe ("by the window").

"Nana" is also Japanese for "7"

I have a free copy of 7 Professional coming for my new laptop I got this month. I had been planning on doing an Anytime Upgrade from that to Ultimate, which would be $120, but this Windows character pack is kind of tempting.

Buying the Japanese OEM ("DSP") version of Ultimate to get this would be $240+shipping instead of $120. Is it worth $120? I'll have to think about that. I would tend to guess the theme add-on will be a separate disc, not something included in the Windows disc, which means we may see it by itself for sale on Yahoo Auctions.

ANN wrote:
aimed at owners of build-it-yourself custom personal computers.

It's interesting that this special comes only with the OEM version, not the retail box versions of Windows 7 Ultimate (upgrade or full). In the U.S., MS generally doesn't encourage end-users to buy OEM software directly.

Last edited by Annf on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I need an operational system that functions well with the games I like to play, otherwise buying this machine would've been useless.
Windows 7 no thanks. Maybe when it's 100% compatible to my games.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I need an operational system that functions well with the games I like to play, otherwise buying this machine would've been useless.
Windows 7 no thanks. Maybe when it's 100% compatible to my games.

What games do you have troubles playing?
Triple_Break

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Windows 7 Ultimate DIAMOND.

Nana-sama will most likely use her higher pitched voice, so unless she's doing something similar to Minami Touma, Inner Moka, Kirihara Misaki, Fate T. Harlaown or even her normal voice.... I'll probably pass.
Loganator456

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME! I'd love to have that on an American version, maybe in the higher pitched voice like Moka from R+V or Collette from Tales of Symphonia.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I thought OS-tan at first, too, but I also considered it a shot across the bow of Miku Hatsune's ship of Vocaloids.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2