• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Canada's YTV to Add Remainder of 1st Pretty Cure Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
I'd say they did a pretty good job with it, even with the name changes.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Yay Canada for getting it and not us. So did they keep the names or change them?

How does the Direct2Drive work?
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Alongs as 4kids dont have the license anymore i'm happy. though changing the names i'm not happy with and i bet a lot of harcore fans are crying out bloody murder for the changing of the names.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K.o.R

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
They've only just added the last 23? Then how did I watch episode 31 a week or so back?

I think it's been a really good English production and needs a bilingual DVD release (hey, they cut virtually nothing out as far as I can tell, so it should be a cinch).
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Yay Canada for getting it and not us. So did they keep the names or change them?

How does the Direct2Drive work?

Read my post. They changed the names.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
As long as as 4kids don't have the license anymore i'm happy. though changing the names i'm not happy with and i bet a lot of harcore fans are crying out bloody murder for the changing of the names.
Somebody refresh my memory, did 4Kids ever have the license for Pretty Cure at any point in time? As for the hardcore fans, they probably won't care that much, given that they saw the fansubs years ago anyway. Actually, if you take a look at the [url=http://community.livejournal.com/precure/?skip=20&tag=*dubs]precure LJ Community[/url], you'll find that there isn't a whole lot of negativity directed towards the dub. And that community is about as hardcore as you can get when it comes to this franchise.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I had the impression that they left off around 19 then started back up in the fall. Last I checked they were running new episodes, although I was never much into the show to begin with. I was only watching it since it was about the only new anime series on YTV.

YTV recently got license for Nick Canada and will be starting that channel November 2nd. Many of it's shows may be moved to that channel, leaving space for more shows on YTV and hopes that it will restart Bionix.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Pretty Cure...

Toei just put up the entire first series on Hulu, subtitled. However, it's the same version that's been uploaded everywhere else. I suppose that shouldn't be too shocking, but it does make me they redid it with a matter master (which they have access to).

Ah well...
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
I had the impression that they left off around 19 then started back up in the fall. Last I checked they were running new episodes, although I was never much into the show to begin with. I was only watching it since it was about the only new anime series on YTV.

They finished up the first 26 episodes around August, if I remember correctly. The episode dates on the Episodes page of its ANN page are correct.

writerpatrick wrote:
YTV recently got license for Nick Canada and will be starting that channel November 2nd. Many of it's shows may be moved to that channel, leaving space for more shows on YTV and hopes that it will restart Bionix.

I was optimistic around this point last year, but that hope has dwindled considerably last month. I'm skeptical that such a thing will happen, but we'll see soon enough.
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Maybe there will be a DVD release so I can buy it... I'm excited that someone cares about Pretty Cure.
Emperor Fred

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote
This is old news. YTV's been running episodes 27 and onwards since their new fall schedule started early last month. In fact there wasn't even really much of a break to speak of.

Despite YTV's somewhat erratic scheduling of the series, I've actually managed to catch all of them so far. And yeah, a couple of name and sign changes don't bother me much at all when what's important is that from what I can tell there are no pointless edits and the BGM is unaltered.

For an anime on kids' tv, it's received some darned good treatment.
rain-sama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Hey Emperor Fred, just want to ask, when do they show it?

My little sister really loved this show but was disappointed by the cliffhanger.

So yeah, when do they show it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1