• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, December 21-27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tankerboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:28 am Reply with quote
I think I must be missing something. Suna-dokei is ranked as "animation" but it's a live-action adaptation of a manga; there are other live action films as well. Does this then mean that all US action movies based on comic book heroes are considered "animation" when aired on Japanese television?
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:49 am Reply with quote
tankerboy wrote:
I think I must be missing something. Suna-dokei is ranked as "animation" but it's a live-action adaptation of a manga; there are other live action films as well. Does this then mean that all US action movies based on comic book heroes are considered "animation" when aired on Japanese television?

The title of the article is primarily for the chart of the animated television series at the end. As a bonus, ANN traditionally lists all of the manga-based live-action titles and Japanese animated films that also air that week. Usually there is only one or two manga-based live-action titles, but that week had an unusually large number of them (6). To make sure there is no confusion, all six are listed as live-action.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quote
WOW! Metal Fight Beyblade is on the rank this time, yay!
tankerboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:

The title of the article is primarily for the chart of the animated television series at the end. As a bonus...,

Got it, thanks for the clarification.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1