• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:

Ethnicity: White (practically see through), Extraterrestrial I hope?
!

Wouldn't happen to have any Irish (or Scottish) in ya would you? Generally us Irish people are rather Casper like lol.

Late reply, sorry! I have red hair (not like orange red hair more like auburn or strawberry blonde) so people automatically assume I Irish but I think I'm more French. I wouldn't mind being Irish though!
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
PaniPoni61 wrote:
Dislikes: huge egos

I don't think we will get along.

This-
Quote:
i dislike using a capital i.

This-
Quote:
I'm not a formal kinda person - well I do have a bunch of stuffed critters around - "I'm ME.......you're just you" - I haven't been to a movie theater... - I have worked in a record store - I do not use "textspeak"

Welcome! I really hope you won't scare me away.
[J]ac__Sama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Name: Jac.

Sex: male

Blood Type: No Idea.

Marital Status: Single

Religion: not religious.

Pets: a 2 years old cat.

Drink/Smoke: Smoking A Lot Wink Drinking sometimes.

Favorite Anime and Manga: My Hime, Clannad + After Story & Kanon. (I don't read manga)

Favorite Books: when i was a little kid there were a few books i've read but, i don't read anymore.

Favorite Foods: italian food & Chicken Tandori.

Favorite Music: It's what here called hardcore & Hardstyle, i also like anime music and game music.

Hobbies: watching Anime, gaming especially JRPG's (im a huge fan of the Tales of games) and hanging out with friends.

Last edited by [J]ac__Sama on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
[J]ac__Sama wrote:
Favorite Foods: Italian

Does... does that mean you would eat me? It's not worth it. I guarantee you that I taste awful, and am too skinny to suffice for a decent soup.

I'm standing guard; not stalking... this thread.

Anyway, welcome! Too bad you're not a girl.
otaku-king

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Too bad you're not a girl.

Welcome to the Internet, buddy
PaniPoni61

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Hey egoist, nahh, don't worry about me, i should have said huge egos that are full of pretentiousness. That and people who draw their egos from a lifetime of bandwagon jumping.

live and let live, y'know?
GriffN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
Hello. I just registered an account here. I've been looking through different forums for a place to have thoughtful discussions on anime. I'm hoping for a good experience here.

Name: Noah

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: English, Scottish, Irish

Religion: Nope

Pets: I love big dogs like Golden Retrievers, and I really want a Newfoundland if I ever live somewhere appropriate. But no pets.

Drink/Smoke: Neither

Dislikes: Waking up after 10am.

Favorite tv: Breaking Bad, Good Eats

Favorite movie: Fight Club, I think.

Favorite anime series: Cowboy Bebop

Favorite anime movie: Princess Mononoke

Favorite books: All Quiet on the Western Front, Neuromancer

Favorite game: Earthbound

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Tie between Japanese Coke and Ovaltine

Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball (in person)

Favorite Sport (to play): Baseball

Favorite Music: Instrumental alt/post/avant-rock, probably.

Musical Instrument: Upright bass; pretend I can play bass guitar

Education: English Lit, Creative Writing emphasis

Hobbies: Taking pictures, anime, and Battlefield 2142 fill most my idle time.

Fun facts:
One semester left.
I'm planning to apply for the JET Program.
I spend most of my time studying literature and Japanese.
The rest of my energy goes into creative writing projects.
My 30-some times great-grandfather is William the Conquerer. But he's probably yours too.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote
Okay. I'm bored so I'm going to do one of these.
Name: Garrett

Sex: Male

Blood Type: A

Location: Platteville, WI (when at UWP - not giving you my hometown Wink)

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: 100% red-blooded USDA choice prime cut American. I don't measure myself by where my ancestors are from. Just where I was born.

Religion: Not very religious

Political view Conservative and proud

Pets: Nope, my dad is allergic to everything

Drink/Smoke: Yeah I like to drink, but I don't often get drunk. And I don't smoke.

Likes: anime, video games, baseball, football, robotics, reading (when I find time),

Dislikes: stupid drivers, professors with thick accents, people who can't make a decision, people who are afraid to be loud and stand out,

Favorite anime: Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Martian Successor Nadesico, .hack//sign, Utawarerumono, just about anything Gundam.

Favorite Books: I haven't read a lot lately, but anything by Tom Clancy and the X-Wing series by Aaron Aliston and Michael Stackpole. Also Isaac Asimov.

Favorite game: Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon (PS2) I play all the time, beat it at least 20 times still love it. Also Resident Evil 4 (PS2) and Road Rash 64 (N64).

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Shows: Mythbusters, Colbert Report, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Stargate SG1, Sons of Anarchy. Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Matrix, The Bourne Trilogy, The Departed, Ocean's 11

Favorite Drink: Jameson or Southern Comfort on the rocks. Drinking those straight is fine too.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sprecher Root Beer

Favorite Foods: Oh I'll eat most anything except Italian food.

Favorite websites: foxnews.com, chiefdelphi.com, yahoo finance, ANN, theanimenetwork.com, myanimelist.net

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football (GO PACKERS!), Baseball (GO BREWERS!).

Favorite Music: I'm a Classic Rock snob.

Job: Erm, I guess Student majoring in Mechanical Engineering with a small chance of changing to American History Wink

Hobbies: Well I was on a FIRST Robotics team for 3 years in high school, and plan to be a college student mentor next year for 171 if my classes don't run me into the ground like this semester. I also like watching anime and arguing. I'm also involved with the UWP College Republicans, ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), and I love karaoke.

Favorite Quotes:
Do or do not; There is no try - Yoda

Yes madam, I am drunk. And you are ugly. But in the morning, I will be sober - Sir Winston Churchill

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Monica Rial couldn't pronounce Utawarerumono, so she renamed it "Underwater Ray Romano." - Tiffany Grant

The best way to get a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing - Char Aznable

pictures...eh...don't feel like posting any right now.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:27 am Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:

You... don't... like... Italian food??? Shocked
That's so un-American. Everyone likes Italian food.
I'd say that 60% of what I eat I consider Italian (if you count salads).
I haven't had an egoist lately though.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
ZakuAce wrote:

I don't count salad or pizza.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
And you shouldn't! After all, I'm so egoist that I might take over your body even by the slightest fragment inhaled.
ZakuAce wrote:
I don't count salad or pizza.
You clearly do not work for Pizza Hut.

Anyway, a Hawaii-style welcome to GriffN, and a Siberia-style welcome to ZakuAce. Too bad neither of you is a 50 feet high Gundam, otherwise I'd pilot you to the moon. "To the moon", you hear?

Now, run along little rabbits. Just beware of the hunters hiding behind the bushes! Oops, too late.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:

Late reply, sorry! I have red hair (not like orange red hair more like auburn or strawberry blonde) so people automatically assume I Irish but I think I'm more French. I wouldn't mind being Irish though!

Pale as Casper and have red hair. If you say you have freckles next then I say some Irish snuck into your gene pool lol. Maybe some French ancestors took a trip to Ireland and brought home a souvenir lol.

Past wrote:
ZakuAce wrote:

Wouldn't that technically make them so un-Italian? Razz Being totally un-American would be saying I don't like McDonalds lol. Guess I'm not American then myself...crap. Though I do agree Italian food is just heaven. And it's so varied despite what people think. I mean it's not just spaghetti and meatballs or pasta. The food really varies from region to region. What you get in the north say around Turin and Milan varies drastically from say the middle regions of say San Marino and Naples. Once you hit the southern ends on the Mediterranean like Cosenza and Siciliy (though Sicilians would say they're Sicilian, not Italian lol) and the islands like Corsica seafood is very prominent. Italy is one of the countries, along with say India for another example, with the most varied culinary menus from region to region. *looks around*....I went off on a culinary ramble didn't I? Sorry...happens often. Back to matters at hand!

A big ANN welcome to our newest group of posters to introduce themselves! So welcome GriffN, PaniPoni61, ZakuAce, and [J]ac__Sama. Jac gets extra points for having an Asa avatar. You can come hang with the cool kids now Jac lol. I suppose I should continue with my welcome shtick and amuse myself. So as part of your welcome here you guys get your very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *hands them each a brown paper bag* Inside you'll all find a handful of crusts from some old stale loaves of bread, a half eaten container of activia yogurt, a 4x4 inch piece of a map of Hungary, and 3 baht. Enjoy your fine gifts and your stay here and don't forget these words of wisdom;If I wanted to hear from an ass, I would fart.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

Pale as Casper and have red hair. If you say you have freckles next then I say some Irish snuck into your gene pool lol. Maybe some French ancestors took a trip to Ireland and brought home a souvenir lol.

Well considering the fact that the closest thing I've ever gotten to a tan is my normal freckles being a slight shade darker I do agree that somewhere along there was a rendezvous between them French and Irish haha. I only know for sure I'm somewhat French because of my last name, but who knows what else is in there. And by there I mean me. Or maybe there is referring to those pesky chromosomes or chromatids-what have you. Anyway...

Welcome to GriffN, PaniPoni61, ZakuAce, and [J]ac__Sama! And I apologize if I left anyone out, I was too lazy to go back a page or two, heh heh.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

Well considering the fact that the closest thing I've ever gotten to a tan is my normal freckles being a slight shade darker I do agree that somewhere along there was a rendezvous between them French and Irish haha. I only know for sure I'm somewhat French because of my last name, but who knows what else is in there. And by there I mean me. Or maybe there is referring to those pesky chromosomes or chromatids-what have you. Anyway...

Wait wait wait...so you DO have freckles. Oh yea you got some Irish in there lol. We just get around as a race lol. Even where ya least expect it heh.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Too bad neither of you is a 50 feet high Gundam, otherwise I'd pilot you to the moon. "To the moon", you hear?

Thanks sounds dirty. Mebbe I should leave....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 98 of 233