• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boomerang Channel Launches 1st Pokémon in U.S. in April

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
It's like a blast back in time to the 90s! I'm definitely subscribing.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
...And suddenly everyone over twenty feels really old. Laughing
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad
I'M SO HAPPY!

Seriously though, I still pop in every once and a while every Saturday, but it's definitely lost it's charm. I think that's mostly due to changing the cast -which was a f*cking terrible idea- and I'm SO happy to be able to listen to Veronica, Rachel and Eric again.

I remember a couple weeks back CN ran some Orange Island episodes and I nearly cried because nostalgia was just overflowing in me. I guess that mini marathon scored some good ratings and they decided to throw it on Boomerang.

Oh yea, Misty's back. HELL YEAH! I feel the show began its decline when she left. That's just my opinion, though.

EDIT: Wait, are they not starting from the beginning? My DirceTV Guide says that "The Pokemon Water Wars" is the episode that'll be playing today, but that's episode 108. Did this start a while ago and we're not just hearing about it? Sure, they're only a few episode from the best battle (Orange Island Championship), but I was hoping it'd be from the beginning. Now that I think about it, that's where that mini marathon a few weeks back started....they're just continuing from there. Bastards.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Well that is great for Pocket Monsters fans, but I guess the question is, does this mean 4Kids will be getting a cut of this? In the encyclopedia it still says they are the license holder, but I thought they lost it. It doesn't say "previous holder" or anything like other shows that have switched license holders. Bah, I can't remember, I thought they had lost it, but I am not sure.

Edit: Looking at 4Kids website I don't see Pokémon listed.

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Yea, they lost it. Perhaps 4Kids will get a small cut, but I have no clue how this stuff works.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Yea, they lost it. Perhaps 4Kids will get a small cut, but I have no clue how this stuff works.

Ah I see, thanks for the link. Smile
Redlinks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quote
FFFFFFF OMG *flails* My childhood is returning! x3 First Dragon Ball Kai on Nicktoons and now this! Sigh, life is good now.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
win
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Well that's definitely...random. Shocked

I haven't seen any Pokemon in years though, I should tune in just for the nostalgia. And honestly, I never saw much of the show itself actually, so it'd be new to me technically.

Wish it said exactly when this month it starts, but eh, I'm sure they'll re-run it like crazy should I miss the start. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I get the linear channel, but I'm pretty sure I have access to the VOD channel. I wonder if it will be on there as well?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Didn't expect 'Pokemon' to end up on 'Boomerang'. But then again I predicted years ago that once it started dying out on WPIX that it would end up on 'Cartoon Network'. That happened but it was short lived. But glad to know it's found a home.

Is that show still going on in Japan?
FlyingFox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
They've done this before
joystick1101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Is that show still going on in Japan?

yes there are still new eps coming out in japan.
timesteel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quote
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
season 1 was always the best season, I'll definitely be watching this on Boomerang. Where the series actually began to slip was when Ash and friends went to the Johto region, the repetitiveness became very apparent it suddenly was taking hundreds of episodes to get from one gym to the next which was not the case in Kanto Confused Oh well, at least the games are still awesome Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4