• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Starts Streaming on Revamped Website

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Great news, it's always nice to see more people get in to online streaming.

Maybe they will stream Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? I mean that would be great, seeing as the DVD release is now TBA.
Apterous

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to downloading MKR on my Xbox...
mozychan

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quote
when are they going to load the videos on crunchyroll? ....or the other channels.

-moose
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
On first listen to Kanokon, it sounds like a late 90s dub where they still don't know to pronounce Japanese names without sounding retarded. It just sounds really, undeveloped. And from what I can tell, neither Kanokon or Queen's Blade will contain the specials.

The dub for Queen's Blade isn't even worth fretting about, there's too much good voice talent on the Japanese side that could never be reproduced.
Desbreko

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It is currently streaming... ...in DVD quality and without commercials.

I sure hope they're not telling us the DVDs will look as terrible as this. Wink

DrizzlingEnthalpy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And from what I can tell, neither Kanokon or Queen's Blade will contain the specials.
Probably so they can be sold in stores without being shrinkwrapped and hidden in the back.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote
DrizzlingEnthalpy wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And from what I can tell, neither Kanokon or Queen's Blade will contain the specials.
Probably so they can be sold in stores without being shrinkwrapped and hidden in the back.

To what stores are you referring? What impact does that have on the show being sold? The specials provide the goods that the shows hint at throughout, they're vital. Since they're targeting these at a demographic, they're missing a key component of the marketability.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:44 am Reply with quote
Uh oh, the title on the Ikki Tousen page says Queens Blade: The Exiled Virgin. lol
Sima Yi

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:45 am Reply with quote
I really hope they (Media Blasters) are serious about revamping their website. Right now their website is a total eyesore and a pain to navigate through.

Last edited by Sima Yi on Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Annf

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
from what I can tell, neither Kanokon or Queen's Blade will contain the specials.

I don't know for Kanokon, but as for QB, the mini-OVAs are confirmed as included from this early photo of the back of the North American case:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/ParadigmDREAD/IMG_0003.jpg

DrizzlingEnthalpy wrote:

In QB's case, there's nothing in the mini-OVAs you can't see in the main show. (Kanokon is a little different, though...)
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
On first listen to Kanokon, it sounds like a late 90s dub where they still don't know to pronounce Japanese names without sounding retarded. It just sounds really, undeveloped.

Like i said somewhere else, it's no surprise considering that Kanokon was dubbed at Arvintel (and they're infamous for Green Green's awful dub...but then again that show was awful as well so i guess it was a perfect match Laughing ).
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 am Reply with quote
I can't help but be offended by the fact that Tomoe isn't included on the front cover. I thought she was like....the second heroine of the show!! Confused

...she was discriminated against for not wearing skimpy clothing. Mad
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:12 am Reply with quote
mozychan wrote:
when are they going to load the videos on crunchyroll? ....or the other channels.

-moose

but if they do, they always have them with ads. at least on the website there's no ads. i got them on dvd and i recomend it for any and all fanservice junkies. and i'm already gonnna preorder kanokon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brand

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:04 am Reply with quote
Is there site revamped it still looks the same but is less broken now. I really hope they redo it and lose the pop-up window for it. That is really out of date in terms of web design and it is annoying for people who use tabs and not different browser windows to visit multiple sites at once.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote
they sure did go cheap on the English audio, not to say I am able to be a voice actor, but I could better than the ones on kanokon, It is a good thing I prefer the original audio with subtitles, and I hope they include the token shorts on kanokon, I will know when I receive the DVD, have it on preorder, and I might be getting it a week early.

I have seen the actual Japanese DVDs of this show, so I know what I am getting into,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2