• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King Unedited Details

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:26 pm Reply with quote
....I'm just kinda speachless..so I won't say anything.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Ha. ^^;

Unedited or not, I still think that the entire ideas behind the storylines for these series are incredibly stupid. However, getting that out of the way, I'd might rent a volume or two for the amusement. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Apparently, according to a press release thingy, the DVD's will have a new English track along with a subtitle track. Finally! We get to hear Eric Stuart cuss like a Sailor! About frikkin time!
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Apparently, according to a press release thingy, the DVD's will have a new English track along with a subtitle track. Finally! We get to hear Eric Stuart cuss like a Sailor! About frikkin time!

Hopefully Anime hyper
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

more than likely we'll get FUNi's in house actors....which in my opinion can act better than what 4Kids used.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
more than likely we'll get FUNi's in house actors...

I'm a bit doubtful of this. They really haven't given themselves enough time if that's the case and I imagine FUNi's own actors are booked solid. BTW, 4Kids has alteast one of FUNi's VAs on Shaman King. Sean Schemmel (Goku) does the voices for Amidamaru and Rio/Ryu.

Quote:
which in my opinion can act better than what 4Kids used.

I disagree, 4Kids' has more veteran actors in their camp who have been doing voice work in anime since the early 90's, but most, if not all of FUNi's VAs have only about 5 years experience. Now, I'm not saying experience means better acting, but that 4Kids' crew isn't a bunch of slouches.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Mike Polluck(Sp?) I've been able to talk a few times online. He can do really good voices. He does Dr. Eggman in the Sonic X Dub(I don't like dub, however I like his voice.)
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:
more than likely we'll get FUNi's in house actors...

I'm a bit doubtful of this. They really haven't given themselves enough time if that's the case and I imagine FUNi's own actors are booked solid. BTW, 4Kids has alteast one of FUNi's VAs on Shaman King. Sean Schemmel (Goku) does the voices for Amidamaru and Rio/Ryu.

Quote:
which in my opinion can act better than what 4Kids used.

I disagree, 4Kids' has more veteran actors in their camp who have been doing voice work in anime since the early 90's, but most, if not all of FUNi's VAs have only about 5 years experience. Now, I'm not saying experience means better acting, but that 4Kids' crew isn't a bunch of slouches.

Emerje

Normally I'd agree with you the only one actor that is an actual vetern on the 4kids cast of Yu-Gi-Oh is Eric Stewart and the only roll I actually like him was Gourry in Slayers and that's it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Here's what I got from [a popular Yu-gi-oh site that starts with P]

Quote:
The releases will also feature newly recorded English language tracks with the entire original cast, as well as the original Japanese tracks and English subtitles. The versions broadcast on U.S. television contained English dialogue that was substantively different from the Japanese in many ways, due to the same considerations that necessitated alterations and cuts to the visual elements. The new tracks accurately reflect the Japanese script as originally written.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
Normally I'd agree with you the only one actor that is an actual vetern on the 4kids cast of Yu-Gi-Oh is Eric Stewart and the only roll I actually like him was Gourry in Slayers and that's it.

Well, if you want to talk about Yugioh specificly then what about Lisa Ortiz, she was right there with Eric playing Lina. But I was really talking about 4Kids' as a whole.

Anyway, those 4Kid's voices are now synonymous with their characters. I doubt FUNi will make the mistake of changing them.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:

Well, if you want to talk about Yugioh specificly then what about Lisa Ortiz, she was right there with Eric playing Lina. But I was really talking about 4Kids' as a whole.

Anyway, those 4Kid's voices are now synonymous with their characters. I doubt FUNi will make the mistake of changing them.

Emerje

the credits didn't even list her. she's been doing more stuff from FUNi lately anyway
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:11 am Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
the credits didn't even list her.

She plays Serenity Wheeler.

Quote:
she's been doing more stuff from FUNi lately anyway

Like what? The only title I can find here doing for FUNi is Blue Gender and that was a while ago.

Emerje
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:10 am Reply with quote
she's also in Case Closed and Kiddy Grade. (she mentioned those dubs in an interview she did for ANN.)
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:14 am Reply with quote
Still, the only reason why she's doing more stuff for FUNi is because there isn't as much stuff to do right now for 4Kids, though I'm sure she's still doing rolls in Pokemon, Yugioh, Shaman King, and I'm sure she's in One Piece as well. Well hell, that's four to two right there.

Emerje
Kenshin5000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:40 am Reply with quote
Very good, 4Kids, very good. You're actually learning.

Now give us our uncut One Piece DVDs and no one gets hurt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4