• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Adds Tales of the Abyss, Turn A Gundam

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I called it, anyone who doubted my belief that Turn A Gundam was the series that was liscensed by the twitter clues, can bow down to my searching abilities at TVTropes!

This is a must buy as it's Tomino's best work, and I have to question how Okouchi wrote this.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Just awesome. I love Turn A Gundam. It's my third favorite Gundam TV series, behind Zeta and the original. More to the point, aside from Unicorn, it's really the last remaining Gundam work worth buying.

So excited! I wonder what studio will dub it. Ocean? Animaze? NYAV Post?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Both Turn-A Gundam and Tales of the Abyss are more than likely buys from me, Turn-A especially. While I personally would have preferred that Gundam X was licensed first, the twitter hint pretty much assured Turn-A, and I'm fine with that.

Hopefully this is just the start of Bandai finally keeping its promise of getting all of Gundam's main series brought over to North America... With Turn-A coming over, all that's left now are ZZ, Victory, and X. And new re-releases of G and Wing certainly wouldn't hurt, as Bandai has pretty much re-released all of their other older Gundams within the past couple of years.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy! And people were begging FUNi to use the same voice cast if they picked up Tales Of The Abyss (in case people forgot, it was one of the entries on their poll last year).

Let the whining over no dub begin.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Awesome. Just awesome. I love Turn A Gundam. It's my third favorite Gundam TV series, behind Zeta and the original. More to the point, aside from Unicorn, it's really the last remaining Gundam work worth buying.

Has Bandai ever used NYAV Post for any of their series? It's usually Media Blaster, and 4Kids that use New York VAs.

While I have never seen Gundam X outside of the first episode, from what I heard that's also worth picking up as Super Robot Wars has made it somewhat popular in Japan, and the character designs look great.

Lord Geo wrote:
Both Turn-A Gundam and Tales of the Abyss are more than likely buys from me, Turn-A especially. While I personally would have preferred that Gundam X was licensed first, the twitter hint pretty much assured Turn-A, and I'm fine with that.

Hopefully this is just the start of Bandai finally keeping its promise of getting all of Gundam's main series brought over to North America... With Turn-A coming over, all that's left now are ZZ, Victory, and X. And new re-releases of G and Wing certainly wouldn't hurt, as Bandai has pretty much re-released all of their other older Gundams within the past couple of years.

You can buy G Gundam at Amazon (I recently bought the whole series for about 70 bucks), and Gundam Wing is still being sold at Bandai's store.

Last edited by Charred Knight on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Has Bandai ever used NYAV Post for any of their series? It's usually Media Blaster, and 4Kids that use New York VAs.

Gundam Unicorn's dub is by NYAV. And I think that so far it's the best dub a Gundam anime has received.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Graddick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
It's about time for Turn A Gundam to get brought over. Now all Bandai has to do is not screw up its discs like it did with the Zeta boxset and the SEED thinpacks. You hear me Bandai? I'm giving you another chance so don't screw it up.
Assuming all goes well, I might actually buy a DVD again. Can't remember the last time that happened.

Last edited by Graddick on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paploo

I want Turn a Gundam nowwwww!
Pseudo-Victorian Future!
Moon People!
Mustachoied Gundams!
Syd Mead!
And they snuck Yoko Kanno in there somewhere. Can't wait to buy it
Sanosuke_Inara

LOLZ, what? Tales of the Abyss is coming? Where the hell did that come from? Shocked
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Aside from Gundam Unicorn, they also used NYAV for Kurokami.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
You can buy G Gundam at Amazon (I recently bought the whole series for about 70 bucks), and Gundam Wing is still being sold at Bandai's store.

Still doesn't mean that those two shows aren't due for another release. You could buy a lot of stuff online at any time, but re-releases have other uses as well (keeping titles on B&M store shelves, smaller packaging, going from two collections to one, etc.).

Plus, that "Super Legends" label is awfully lonely right now with Escaflowne being the only thing released under it.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Is soooo buying Turn A Gundam.
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote
YES! YES! YES! Even though i haven't seen even one episode of Turn A Gundam series, im still happy that it still got licensed somehow.

I wonder if they will acquire the movies too...
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it'll get a dub?

The Tales news is nice too, as that looks decent. Glad to see Bandai announcing such a big slate.
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Didn't see either of these coming, let alone at the same time. Definite buys. "TotA" did a good job adapting the story of the game, and while I don't consider myself a fan of the franchise as a whole, "Turn A" is definitely one of the better "Gundam" series' I've seen (and certainly the best Tomino had a hand in).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8