• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Haruna Ikezawa's Stalker Found Guilty

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote
oh good, maybe a little jail time could teach this guy a thing or two about stalking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I feel for Egan Loo & Co. They spend countless amounts of time writing articles just so the title can hog all the credit for the posts it receives.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
Ah, typical Japanese justice - a suspended sentence. Basically a slap in the wrist. Some crimes they don't take too seriously.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
18 month sentence, with a 5 year suspension allowing them to potentially get no jailtime for it? ugh. the law really needs to start taking stalking more seriously. the guy should be locked up for AT LEAST 5 years, not watched while they get to live a fairly normal life for 5 years, after which they'll not be watched and can potentially go back to stalking the same person or some new obsession. granted, I'm totally biased when it comes to stalking crimes, but if they took stalking a little more seriously there'd be several people alive who aren't and more people who could live without the fear that any day they could get assaulted by some nutjob obsessed with them.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Ah, typical Japanese justice - a suspended sentence. Basically a slap in the wrist. Some crimes they don't take too seriously.

Think again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Enurtol, maybe you should try reading Japan Today, the crime section part is interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1