• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Junjō Romantica Anime to be DVD with 16th Manga Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:25 am Reply with quote
WIN!

Someone *cough* Digital Manga Publishing *cough* needs to relicense the manga!
ayashe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
No, DMP is a horrible company that treats its customers like crap, worse than companies usually do.

Quote:
The OAD will feature all three main couples from the Junjo Romantica manga (Junjo Romantica, Junjō Egoist, Junjō Terrorist).

Way to ruin it.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:
No, DMP is a horrible company that treats its customers like crap, worse than companies usually do.

Quote:
The OAD will feature all three main couples from the Junjo Romantica manga (Junjo Romantica, Junjō Egoist, Junjō Terrorist).

Way to ruin it.

I'm gonna have to agree with you. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Three couples should equal three OAD's. Sekaiichi received two OVAs for separate couples since they have different storylines. Three overlapping stories is going to be tricky but since Nakamura herself will be working on script, not all hope is lost.

Other than DMP, I can only think of either Viz's new SuBLime imprint or June as a new home.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Other than DMP, I can only think of either Viz's new SuBLime imprint or June as a new home.

Yeah, I meant June.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:

Quote:

Way to ruin it.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles, isn't it? Laughing
taylorlynn04

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
It's a bit disappointing that it's not a season three, but this is still really cool. Very Happy I hope Righstuf picks up this OAD. Someone needs to pick up the manga too. Mad
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

Yeah, I meant June.

If I'm not mistaken, June is actually a label *of* DMP. DMP split its shonen-ai/yaoi publications into separate labels a long while back.

I've been hoping for a relicensing of this ever since Tokyopop (and Blu) went south. I'll be happy with either a June or a SuBLime release myself. I'm so glad Viz got into the yaoi market at last.

Though I'm disappointed to find out that this is just one 20-minute short divided among all three couples, and not a brand-new season. I had my hopes up. :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1