• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Someday's Dreamers II Sora"

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't this the one where they got so lazy near the end of the season they didn't even try to hide the fact that they were using photos in place of background art?
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I assume this is the series they mean, since it wasn't linked in the article anywhere?

Title changes aside, I am very glad this got licensed. I really enjoyed Natsu no Sora and had given up hope on seeing a release here![/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Right from the start the backgrounds were photorealistic but they were not actual photos; a fuss was made about a comparison between one still of an airport and a photo someone found online that was identical, but that fails to take into account that the aeroplanes were actually animated in the show itself, and in city scenes there was parallax to the buildings etc.

rizuchan wrote:
I assume this is the series they mean, since it wasn't linked in the article anywhere?

It is refusing to pick up the link to the second anime for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I thought the original Someday's Dreamers was a good show, but this version isn't anywhere near as compelling. What I liked about the original was its focus on the moral dilemmas that having magic abilities would pose. That whole thread is pretty much missing from the Natsu no Sora story. (It's not really a sequel so I'm not sure what to call it.) In its place we get a rather tepid romance.

I can't understand licensing shows like these and ignoring shows like Dennou Coil or Mononoke which have solid groups of fans begging for them to be released over here for years now.

Is there any chance this thread could be merged with the already existing one about this announcement. We don't really need to have two threads running for each announcement, do we?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
News articles and press releases have their own talkback threads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
Normally only one actually gets created, though. I always have to wonder why somebody felt the need to open the other every time it happens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1