• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Producer to Fans: No Need to Wave Cash for More Darkstalkers/Vampire

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
Vampire Savior is still a top notch game, I affectionately refer to it as Marvel with 1 character. Just hope this proposed sequel doesn't suffer from 20 or so comeback mechanics.
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:04 am Reply with quote
Even though I'm a Darkstalkers Fan, I feel mixed about this. Seeing Capcom as it is now, with many versions of SF4 and MVC3 I feel it's not a good time to come back.
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
That's actually nothing new for Capcom, they've been doing that since SF2.

Another concern I have is that we get a new game that's nothing like it's predecessors. VS is known for it's fast game play and emphasis on rush down. Ono or whoever working on this will more than likely add new features to it, but if you change the basics of what it was, this sequel won't have much connection to the franchise and you couldn't really call it a Darkstalkers game.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I'd be looking forward to seeing them revive this franchise. I'm surprised that this franchise was popular. Didn't seem like it to me I guess I hadn't been to that many arcades where it got action. And the one I did go to people just weren't playing it when SF was right next door. Considering how SF was so off the wall popular it felt like 'Darkstalkers', was going to be a hard sell since it was basically SF but with characters covering a myriad of supernatural folklore. But I guess it grabbed it's fans one way or another. But definitely looking forward to seeing what characters they add to the roster. Just as long as they aren't stupid looking.
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
I won't wave my cash for more Darkstalkers.
I WILL wave my cash for Capcom not to f**k it up.
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:16 am Reply with quote
DTJB wrote:
That's actually nothing new for Capcom, they've been doing that since SF2.

Another concern I have is that we get a new game that's nothing like it's predecessors. VS is known for it's fast game play and emphasis on rush down. Ono or whoever working on this will more than likely add new features to it, but if you change the basics of what it was, this sequel won't have much connection to the franchise and you couldn't really call it a Darkstalkers game.

You mean they've been screwing up in the past? Shocked

I guess you're not aware with Capcom's way of pissing of its own fanbase like making people buy the same game twice just because of some characters that can be sold as dlc or dlc already on disc issue?
DTJB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
More aggravating since these characters were already complete when the disc was printed; not a WIP idea or something they considered for future updates, already completed. And an unnecessary amount of gems and the fact that the PS3 version has more features. Trust me, I'm aware.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1