• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Edition of Azumanga Daioh to Mark 10th Anniversary

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
But so where's my second season of anime?!
EricDent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote
Why would there need to be a second season?

The manga ended, there is no new story.

As far as this goes, until they give out some more details, it is kinda hard to warrent another purchase.

BTW if ADV Manga does not put it out, then who should?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
Will this be picked up for release in the US?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
This is cool. ^^ I love Azumanga Daioh. Hopefully this will be picked up here in the US as well, since I'm sure fans will pick this up.
mulrich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
pparker wrote:
But so where's my second season of anime?!

Not only the manga ended, the anime did, too. Both ended with the girls' graduation.

In fact, JC Staff waited for Azuma to (almost) finish the manga, on his request, before starting the anime.

So as Dent says, there won't be a second season.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote
While I absolutely loved this in both Manga and Anime forms, unless there is some new story (a class reunion perhaps?) I won't buy again. I already own the original ADV manga release as well as the omnibus edition.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:

As far as this goes, until they give out some more details, it is kinda hard to warrent another purchase.

BTW if ADV Manga does not put it out, then who should?

Del Rey or Yen Press, please. Also, I hope this is actual new installments. While it's incredibly unlikely, the fact that it's been in development for a year gives me a sliver of hope it's more than just some new art. I would give my left arm for some college!AzuDai...There just aren't enough college-centered series around. >.<
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Olliff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
snl67 wrote:
While I absolutely loved this in both Manga and Anime forms, unless there is some new story (a class reunion perhaps?) I won't buy again. I already own the original ADV manga release as well as the omnibus edition.

Agreed, as much as I love Azumanga Daioh I can not imagine buying this series again unless there is new content. A class reunion would be great; heck I would even be happy with the same stories, but told from another character's perspective.
Kibate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
instead of new azumanga daioh stuff i would want more yotsubato material
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:

So it was fool's dream ("didn't do the research"). But you're only as alive as you can still dream...
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Blimey, Azumanga does not seem 10 years old...
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Del Rey or Yen Press, please. Also, I hope this is actual new installments. While it's incredibly unlikely, the fact that it's been in development for a year gives me a sliver of hope it's more than just some new art. I would give my left arm for some college!AzuDai...There just aren't enough college-centered series around. >.<
Agreed on all counts. Yen Press would be an especially good choice considering how they've recently rescued another former ADV title, Yotsuba& from the limbo of ADV manga.

I'd be pretty happy with a re-release even if there isn't much new since I never picked up ADV's version. Though it really should have some kind of new material. Even just a few college or post-college epilogue strips would be nice. (Though what I've love to see more than a reunion type strip would be one showing that they all ended up living fairly close to each other so the girls could hang out on a regular basis. That would be sweet.)

They should have something new since they're making a deal out of this edition.
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I think this is the first time I've heard of a manga being remastered. Still, as a big fan of Azumanga Daioh, I'll be looking forward to it.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
SongstressCela wrote:
Agreed on all counts. Yen Press would be an especially good choice considering how they've recently rescued another former ADV title, Yotsuba& from the limbo of ADV manga.

SWEET! I didn't know that! I had been having a hard time tracking down later issues of Yotsuba& and now I know why! I have to look for Yen Press editions!

But it really is amazing that Azumanga Daioh is 10 years old already... WOW.... It was I think about 7 years ago that the anime first aired and I fell in love with this series...
Truered

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Oooh I'm interested to see what this leads to. I love and own both the manga and anime, so here's hoping it's some new manga material Anime catgrin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3