• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, July 23-29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GordanHam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering, where do you get the total number of sales from?

And when including the "Weeks on List" section what do you refer to as well? I was wondering since neither Giant Killing or Soul Eater Not were on Oricon's top thirty last week.
PsychoKitteh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Baka and Test and Acchi Kocchi selling.
eurotrip1986

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/obc/w/2012-08-06/

I don't use google translate, but it's easy to understand. Soul Eater Volume 22 came out the week of 7/16-7/22 at #11, and sold 64k, and the week of 7/23-7/29 it went up to #4 place and sold 119k!

Either way it's nice to see Soul Eater get over 100k! Even Soul Eater Not! Did pretty well.

Giant Killing should be listed as "new" as they just came out last week.

Last edited by eurotrip1986 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
eurotrip1986

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:

And when including the "Weeks on List" section what do you refer to as well? I was wondering since neither Giant Killing or Soul Eater Not were on Oricon's top thirty last week.

giant killing is new on the list, but soul eater had a week already on the list and came out at #11.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
eurotrip1986 wrote:
GordanHam wrote:

giant killing is new on the list, but soul eater had a week already on the list and came out at #11.

Yeah, this is Giant Killing's first week, that is why I am wondering why on the chart they have it saws under "Weeks on List" they have it as two.

And I wasn't talking about "Soul Eater" I was talking about "Soul Eater Not!" which had its 2nd volume come out along side the 22nd volume of "Soul Eater", but as far as I can see, it didn't place on the top thirty of Oricon last week.
whitefangrazorblade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Sekirei is doing well, I hope that it will continue with that kind of sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1