• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2 Evangelion: 2.0 Film Teasers Streamed by Yahoo! Site

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David.Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Yahoo! Japan website also began streaming the Yoshimoto version of the original television series' opening sequence as part of its "Eva Live-Action Drama Adaptation Project."

my god, the horror! but i had issues trying to watch the trailer. kept saying to download silver light. if you don't have silverlight installed (or don't want it installed), then go here where some one posted a link to a viewable trailer:

http://animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84182&start=225

good stuff, the production values look good. maybe too good. To be honest, I didn't like all that cgi mixed in. oh well. i'll still (probably) love it.

now if the live action adaptation will ever get out of development hell then id really be happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quote
That live-action version of the opening was frightening. Even more frightening is how well I recall the lyrics to "Cruel Angel's Thesis".

The trailer to the next one is just beautiful, and it looks like there'll be a bunch of new material. I just hope they don't forget Pen Pen!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
zzymyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 am Reply with quote
That live action opening felt so familiar, I swore it had been done (better) before, and it has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCwsxW2ONuc
giascle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:13 am Reply with quote
It looks very CG-heavy. Hopefully it's not as prominent as the trailer makes it seem.
Sorce

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 am Reply with quote
The trailers for 2.0 looked absolutely beautiful; I can't wait for the release. Speaking of, is there a release date set for 1.0 in the US?

The "Live-Action Project" videos were hilarious.
Quark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I'm so much more excited for 2.0 than 1.0, for a few reasons.
First, Asuka is there, which automatically will make the movie awesome. Secondly, this movie seems to be the point where it starts to break off from the series and start off on it's own story, and I'm really excited to see what kind of impact Kawaru is going to have being in the story so early.
But man, that trailer...this movie looks like it's going to be a beauty. I'm sure I'll obsessively watch the trailer another 20 times or so.
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
That live-action version of the opening was frightening.

I yhink is funny as hell, just to imagine the fans getting angry at those old, overweigth versions of their heroes..... And not to mention that cheap @$$ EVA, JAJAJAJAJAJAJA...

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
mewtwo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
Wow, it's looking pretty nice. Too bad I won't get to see it when I'm in Japan for a couple weeks next month.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quote
So I'm the only one that actually laughed hard at that live action opening? I actually thought it was pretty funny.

Eva2.0 certainly does look like it'll be amazing. Nice to see they're putting all of that easy cash from the first movie to good use. Hopefully the new ongoing story can keep up with the new animation.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
So I'm the only one that actually laughed hard at that live action opening? I actually thought it was pretty funny.

Eva2.0 certainly does look like it'll be amazing. Nice to see they're putting all of that easy cash from the first movie to good use. Hopefully the new ongoing story can keep up with the new animation.

Emerje

I laughed pretty hard myself. I think my favorite part was either the Eva, or the brief shot of little Shinji with that guy's head superimposed.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I lol'd pretty hard myself.
nagato316

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
Oh man, I'm so much more excited for 2.0 than 1.0, for a few reasons.
First, Asuka is there, which automatically will make the movie awesome. Secondly, this movie seems to be the point where it starts to break off from the series and start off on it's own story, and I'm really excited to see what kind of impact Kawaru is going to have being in the story so early.
But man, that trailer...this movie looks like it's going to be a beauty. I'm sure I'll obsessively watch the trailer another 20 times or so.

Yes, Asuka Langley Soryu = WIN. Always. And my God...even if Eva 2.0 is still rehashing events from the middle of the series (BTW what is the rehash/new material ratio on 2.0?), it's great to see it all with "a fresh coat of paint."

Just seeing Eva Unit 00 hurdling the power lines was a Surprised moment for me, one of many.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
This makes me even more excited about the movie. I think I want to go watch the series right now. I don't mind all the CG because I think it's something Anno would have done in 95 if he could. Plus more Akira Ishida is never a bad thing. Especially with Kaworu.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Emerje

actually i did laugh. i literally lol'd. its just that at first, when i heard live action, i thought it was going to be a somewhat realistic take.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Sorce wrote:
The trailers for 2.0 looked absolutely beautiful; I can't wait for the release. Speaking of, is there a release date set for 1.0 in the US?

November 10th, according to Funimation's website

I too am looking forward to the second film after watching the trailer (and I am more a fan of Asuka then I would ever be for Rei); I really get the feeling that I'll be seeing a really polished version of the original story, a version that makes me get the sense that Hideaki Anno is more proud of.

I've watched the original series and The End of Evangelion quite a few times, and lately it really feels like I kind of know them by heart, like I could go by a really long time without feeling like I have to watch them again. And yet moments like seeing this trailer makes me want to watch the original series and movie again, and I know once I'll do I'll be getting into it all over again.

I wonder how the movies will end the story. I'm wondering the same thing about the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2