• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Lovely Complex GN 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I love this series. Probably one of my top favorite shoujo comics. Kohori wasnt much of a threat at all though. He wasnt very interesting either. He's nice and all and kinda cute..but thats pretty much it. Of the side characters Nobu is my favorite. I like her craziness and fits of rage.
kurichan69

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I, too, love this series. I agree that this volume is not the best. As someone who lived in Osaka for four years, I am always very comfortable with the Osaka/Kansai dialect and the nuances that go with it, so I can see where the translator is going with the English dialect, and I can generally appreciate it. However, this volume was a little bit boring and I found myself thinking, 'Just get on with it, already!' However, volume 11 really kicks it and I want to encourage anyone who is on the fence to stick with it and continue to read this above-average series, because you will really appreciate where it's going and you'll be glad you didn't give up on this story.
vedicardi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
If this series is considered above average, I can't imagine what the bad manga of this genre are like.

Though I'd like to see some of the really bad ones anyway for entertainment if anyone has any links/suggestions lul
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
kurichan69 wrote:
As someone who lived in Osaka for four years, I am always very comfortable with the Osaka/Kansai dialect and the nuances that go with it, so I can see where the translator is going with the English dialect, and I can generally appreciate it.

That's why I always read it in Japanese. Still, it's always funny to see where this couple goes from time to time, and this volume is no exception. I think one of the things that attracts me to the series as a whole is the pure-heartedness of the characters, they really are cute characters to read about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1