• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters Anime Solicitations

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

Shipping out (available first @ Ohayocon)

Coming Soon, Date to be Determined

============

via TRSI...

No longer solicited

Last edited by WTK on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 24 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I wonder if MB will ever put out a title that isn't simply a re-release or some obscure yaoi OVA?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hmm. I wonder if MB will ever put out a title that isn't simply a re-release or some obscure yaoi OVA?

Don't forget the hentai and yuri. But if it keeps them around, then so be it. I think they said they're stuff dropped because of lack of international support on titles. Which...I would've thought Bakuman would've gotten that sort of support. Hell, I would've thought at LEAST Viz Viz Media Europe would've helped get the English dub finished since the UK does speak that language. Hell, I'm surprised that Viz hasn't tried to get a hold of it.

I'm sure if they slapped the label, "from the masterminds behind Death Note," it would sell better. I'd admit, I read the back on what it's about and didn't think I'd like it, but I watched an episode and it's pretty good. The story is basic, but the dub was good. The dub really was the selling point for me...sadly, only volume 1 came out.

Which reminds me...wonder if Media Blaster plans to release Oh My Goddess into the classic line? I seen a few episodes and wanted to get it, but I got right into it when the boxset went OOP. And people say season 2 isn't nearly as good as season 1, sort of want season 1 before 2.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
re: Ah! My Goddess - it makes sense they'd give it the "classic" treatment like they have with Ah! My Bhudda and a few other titles. However, they probably need permission from the Japanese licensor to do so.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Jubei-chan? I'm 95% sure that that was a Bandai title, the complete collection I had many years back was an Anime Legends set. Is this something they're had for a while or the first Bandai license rescue suddenly showing up?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
re: Ah! My Goddess - it makes sense they'd give it the "classic" treatment like they have with Ah! My Bhudda and a few other titles. However, they probably need permission from the Japanese licensor to do so.

I don't see why they would have to ask to release them in another boxset, when they already had lit-box releases. I already think the titles that are getting the Classic release, the license has long been paid for, most lit-boxes are OOP, and now they're just getting extra money and trying to stay around.

classicalzawa wrote:
Jubei-chan? I'm 95% sure that that was a Bandai title, the complete collection I had many years back was an Anime Legends set. Is this something they're had for a while or the first Bandai license rescue suddenly showing up?

That's because that season was a Bandai title. They also licensed the 2nd season that Geneon.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
And for all I know they don't need permission. That is my own question: from my limited knowledge, having the rights to a title doesn't necessarily give you the right to do just any ole kind of release you want. I think these sort of details are negotiated. I could be totally wrong, however.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

That's because that season was a Bandai title. They also licensed the 2nd season that Geneon.

Media Blasters very well could release the 2nd season. However they have yet to publicly confirm that (that's unless you have some sort of proof stating otherwise).
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:

classicalzawa wrote:

I don't think they have announced the second season yet.

WTK beat me to it. Embarassed
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Why are they doing a rerelease of Jubei-chan? You can still get them cheap from the first release.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Because they don't have the scratch to pay for any new licenses (with the exception of the occasional obscure yaoi OVA), so they are desperately trying to milk their already existing library.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
The never-ending delay continues for Kite BD...

via TRSI...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, if they do actually make this latest street date, they'll only have missed the original one by a year. Hey, by MB standards, that's not bad!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Still only the edited release though.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

Media Blasters very well could release the 2nd season. However they have yet to publicly confirm that (that's unless you have some sort of proof stating otherwise).

Source Then what the hell do you call that? Yeah, ANN put it up, I wasn't crazy.

Blood- wrote:
Because they don't have the scratch to pay for any new licenses (with the exception of the occasional obscure yaoi OVA), so they are desperately trying to milk their already existing library.

Wouldn't say Ai no Kusabi is that obscure. It's a popular title and DMP has finally gotten the last 2 volumes really to release (they got screwed over when the novel changed publishing companies and had to wait for the run to catchup)

Last edited by Vata Raven on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 18