• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Blade of the Immortal DVD 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote
So no review of the first 2 DVDs? Ah well, it all depends on what they send you.

But yes, my first reaction? They put Rin's confrontation with Anotsu after Araya? Why?!? In the manga, it's before, which would leave you with the better ending point that you mentioned. That's just... weird.

Anyway, I'll stick with the manga - which reminds me, I need to order the latest volume.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, darn. That review sure took the wind out of my sails. I was planning on buying the third DVD to round out my set, but now? I think I'll skip it.

It was because I'd read one of the volumes of the manga (not the first one, BTW) that I jumped on the anime when it came out. And now they're not even going to properly complete the primary story arc? Pretty lame, IMO.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Well, darn. That review sure took the wind out of my sails. I was planning on buying the third DVD to round out my set, but now? I think I'll skip it.

It was because I'd read one of the volumes of the manga (not the first one, BTW) that I jumped on the anime when it came out. And now they're not even going to properly complete the primary story arc? Pretty lame, IMO.

Dude just get the manga.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:03 am Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
Dude just get the manga.

Yeah, I really can't think of a more perfect instance where you should just get the manga instead.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
RedSwirl wrote:
Dude just get the manga.

Yeah, I really can't think of a more perfect instance where you should just get the manga instead.

Yeah, anime is great and all that jazz, but this is one of a handful of manga where in my head, when reading it, it was live action and not animated. I shudder to think if anyone tries to do an anime out of Vagabond...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1