• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (TV + movies).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quote

Main Series - Bleach (TV)
Movie 1 - Bleach: Memories of Nobody (movie)
Movie 2 - Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion (movie)
Movie 3 - Bleach: Fade to Black (movie)
Movie 4 - Bleach: Hell Verse (movie)
Final Season - Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War (TV) (discussed here)

Genres: action, comedy, drama, supernatural
Themes: ghosts, shinigami, spirits, superpowers, swordplay

Plot Summary: Ichigo Kurosaki is a 15-year-old-boy who has an ability to see ghosts/spirits. Because of his ability, he is able to meet a female death god (AKA Shinigami) named Rukia Kuchiki. To save his family and friends from unwanted soul-eating spirits (Hollows), Rukia transfers her Shinigami powers to Ichigo.

As Rukia takes on a human shell, together they solve mysteries involving spirits and Hollows until from the spirit world come two other Shinigami, who explain that it is illegal to transfer Shinigami powers to humans and that Rukia exceeded the time limit to stay in the human world. After they sentence her death for breaking the law, Ichigo snaps and swears to everyone he will retrieve Rukia by breaking into the spirit world.

Main Series - FUNimation, Hulu
Final Season - October 10, 2022 (Mondays; Hulu U.S., Disney+ International outside of Asia)
----------------------------------

I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet. I just finished episode 109 of Bleach, and from the looks of it (based on the appearance of a particular character at the end of the ep. plus the preview) WE'RE BACK TO THE MANGA! Not to turn this into a VS topic, but as it stands we have roughly 50 episodes of filler for Bleach, whereas Naruto we have close to 100 and it's still going. At this point Naruto will really need to step up as even the manga itself has gotten a bit stale in my opinion. My friend and I just got really excited when we finished 109 so I thought I would share the good news.

Edit: I changed my post to say 50 eps. of filler as opposed to 60. It's late and for some reason that means I can't count.

Last edited by TranceLimit174 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Curtis W.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quote
are you shure 60, it shuld be closer to 34.
Kidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:22 am Reply with quote
I believe that the Naruto writing staff have released a press release saying the fillers will end sometime in the next 6 episodes.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quote
Bleach fillers are over... when? Next week? Oh snap. Guess I'll have to catch up then. I kind of dropped it a couple months ago when the fillers were seriously dragging, not intentionally... I just didn't care enough knowing that it was fillers and wasn't going to really go anywhere and seeing the most annoying aspect of every shounen: simultaneous drawn out fights between all the main characters Neutral By the time the first fight is drawn out so much and finally comes to a close (with no net progress to boot), you're ready for the story to go on... but no, they just pan to another character and repeat; by the third time they do it, it's basically game over as far as I'm concerned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr.Diction

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quote
yes, by the end of february, we will have both our shonen vices returning to normal story arcs rejoice, the new age has arrived!
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:10 am Reply with quote
You make it sound like the Bleach fillers were just as bad as the Naruto fillers. From the looks and sounds of it, both series fillers will end around the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet.

It's been posted about, the old thread just got buried.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Curtis W. wrote:
are you shure 60, it shuld be closer to 34.

It's 44. Filler started at 65 and ends with 109.

selenta wrote:
Guess I'll have to catch up then.

Just watch episodes 100+ You can figure things out easily from there and thats about when you actually get some decent (and short) fights.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Kidder wrote:
I believe that the Naruto writing staff have released a press release saying the fillers will end sometime in the next 6 episodes.

Not even close man. If they ended fillers within the next 6 episodes then that would mean the show would be on hiatus until April and the show has been running fillers for like 3 seasons + by now so going on a break for 5 months wouldn't make any sense.

And yes, it is pretty much confirmed that Naruto stops being crap fillers in April and there are plenty of credible topics on this site to back that up.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
hrrmmmm...I dunno, we saw the guy but that's it. And considering the new intro graphics and the credit bits it seems we have another filler arc with a female lead role. I wouldn't count on fillers being over, but the next arc looks interesting none the less.
Vegaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Hisdon wrote:
hrrmmmm...I dunno, we saw the guy but that's it. And considering the new intro graphics and the credit bits it seems we have another filler arc with a female lead role. I wouldn't count on fillers being over, but the next arc looks interesting none the less.

I think that the movie, not a new tv arc.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
blind_assassin wrote:
Kidder wrote:

Not even close man. If they ended fillers within the next 6 episodes then that would mean the show would be on hiatus until April and the show has been running fillers for like 3 seasons + by now so going on a break for 5 months wouldn't make any sense.

And yes, it is pretty much confirmed that Naruto stops being crap fillers in April and there are plenty of credible topics on this site to back that up.

What are you talking about? Everything I've heard says the Naruto Shipuuden starts in February.
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
As nice as the Bleach fillers being over is, the 44 episodes of it along with the manga contents of the new arc not being overly content past the first 15 chapters already made me bored of Bleach. I don't feel excited about Bleach going back to the normal story..... this is why fillers shouldn't go beyond like 10 episodes or so Sad
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Vegaz wrote:
Hisdon wrote:

I think that the movie, not a new tv arc.

It is, they did the same thing with the third Naruto movie. Also the episode titles coincide with what takes place in the manga:

spoiler[
110. Reopening of the Substitute Business! The Terrifying Transfer Student
111. Shock! The Father's True Character
112. The Vizards and the Arrancars
113. The Arrancars Attack ]

I assume those have been verified.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
blind_assassin wrote:
Kidder wrote:

What are you talking about? Everything I've heard says the Naruto Shipuuden starts in February.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29753&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=Naruto+filler&start=0

I was mainly refering to this topic, which was the first to announce the new Naruto. As you can see, the only officialy statement was "early spring" and that runs the gammut from February to April. Considering Naruto's track record of ending filler, I have been sculpted into something of a pescimist on that subject. Unless I missed another topic (I was out of internet access for a week so I might've) then it still has not been officially announced either way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 42