• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Gankutsuou: The Count. . . DVD 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scortia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote
...must get final volume NOOOOW...

Thanks for the concise review. It's sad to see that the dub never really got anywhere nearly as impressive as the Japanese voice cast did. Granted, I sort of lost hope as soon as I had heard the news that they were not using the original French voice for Gankutsuou way back in the day...

Not that the poor dub really matters, this series is worth buying on dvd for every other reason under the sun. I highly recommend that people purchase the soundtracks as well... you'll never tire of them.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote
scortia wrote:
...must get final volume NOOOOW...

Thanks for the concise review. It's sad to see that the dub never really got anywhere nearly as impressive as the Japanese voice cast did. Granted, I sort of lost hope as soon as I had heard the news that they were not using the original French voice for Gankutsuou way back in the day...

Not that the poor dub really matters, this series is worth buying on dvd for every other reason under the sun. I highly recommend that people purchase the soundtracks as well... you'll never tire of them.

I agree with you, not having that French voice really does hurt....and more importantly I am not sure if original dub is A material, more then likely it's in the B's for me...But once again Keys with an another spot on review.
scortia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
....and more importantly I am not sure if original dub is A material, more then likely it's in the B's for me...

Stick Jouji Nakata into an anime and its instantly A+ for me. Razz
ParadoxCafe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quote
This is a beautiful anime even though the book is way better, this is one anime no one should miss.
shazlek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Just recently finished watching this, it is now 2009. and its artistic merits and consistant story still shine over most if not all series since.

this is just my opinion but this has to be one of my favourite shows to be released over the last 5-6 years.

if only gonzo / other companies could release material like this.

A+ brilliant show. i really enjoy the book and remakes / re-tellings are normally rather dodgy but i am pleased to say, this belongs on the shelf next to the book.

Shazlek
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1