• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Rosario + Vampire GN 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah. It does suck when it's "serious", but I'm hoping they won't leave it open-ended so I have to buy Season II.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote
I agree on every aspect of your review. Dull artwork and storytelling. Where is the playfulness of the early volumes. Missing badly Crying or Very sad
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, the "fun" returns next volume if the next volume preview blurb is any indication.

Also, another thing that bugs me anytime there are storylines like this is "Where are the Adults"? None of the teacher monsters could do anything?
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
The point about the artwork is kind of the same as I feel about it. And it's the same problems that's plaguing the recent AMG manga volumes.

I want the early volume character designs back now.
Loganator456

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the artwork, I wished it was stylized more like the anime, and even though you can see how as the manga goes on it gets somewhat more similar, but it still isn't there. And just seems kinda off.

I also like the "fun" part too, which comes back a little bit but I think there definitely isn't enough.

I still want someone to license the R+V anime. I'd pay any amount of money for the 2 licensed 2 seasons.
Sorce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Yeah. It does suck when it's "serious", but I'm hoping they won't leave it open-ended so I have to buy Season II.
spoiler[You won't. It leaves some things open, but for the most part, everything's encapsulated, from what I remember.]
HammerU89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
Well mentioning the anime and manga at the same time earns you a kick in the balls. The anime was directed by a few people that just smoked some crack while looking at a victoria's secret catalog.

I can't imagine as they get into more conflicts that everyone would actually believe this would stay full on comedy. Does your IQ rival that of a broken yellow crayon?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Loganator456 wrote:
I still want someone to license the R+V anime. I'd pay any amount of money for the 2 licensed 2 seasons.

Well, I wouldn't pay "any" amount of money for the two series, but I'd certainly be a customer for any R1 distrib savvy enough to snag this very entertaining property.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1