Forum - View topic
NEWS: Body Identified as Crayon Shin-chan's Yoshito Usui


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Amethyst Alchemist



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 280
Location: where it's always a good morning
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote
Let's all keep his family in our thoughts/prayers. This is such a tragedy. And it is not the time to complain a manga won't be finished.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
hypersoda



Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 157
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
Amethyst Alchemist wrote:
Let's all keep his family in our thoughts/prayers. This is such a tragedy. And it is not the time to complain a manga won't be finished.


Yeah, rest in peace Usui. I absolutely hated how on other forums, all people cared about was "OMG WHAT'LL HAPPEN WITH THE MANGA?"

People seriously piss me off sometimes. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GwennBlackfeather



Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
How sad. I'd been following this for the last week, hoping against hope that he'd turn up.

Many condolences to his family.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DranzerX13



Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Posts: 63
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
Lately, many famous people have been dying. It's such a tragedy to see or hear about anyone's death, especially someone who's worked really hard in their career. Yeah it'll be a bummer for Shin-chan fans, but the most important thing of this is there is many people who love him dearly, and will pray for him.

I'm not much of a shin-chan fan, but I'll put this man in my prayers tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger My Anime
MarzGurl



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 109
Location: San Antonio, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
His items fell 50 meters away from him... that's well over 150 feet. That's a pretty far distance. How could that be? Is there more to this story down the road?

How tragic. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
W-General



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 280
Location: Ithaca, NY, USA / Taichung, Taiwan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
Rest in peace Sad

Your work has accompanied me through many lecherous pre-teen and teenage years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
wandering-dreamer



Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 1733
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
Rest in peace and my condolences to his family, this was a horrible way to go. I think that I'm going to be hiking only with friends for the next few weeks, people forget how dangerous some of those trails can be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dizzywulf



Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Posts: 102
Location: Wakayama, Japan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
My thoughts are with the family.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9889
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
MarzGurl wrote:
His items fell 50 meters away from him... that's well over 150 feet. That's a pretty far distance. How could that be? Is there more to this story down the road?

The 90-degree cliff is 120m tall. A slight bounce on the cliff wall would significantly change the spot where his body or items landed.


Picture: Mainichi News

Note the blue helicopter at lower left so you can imagine how tall the cliff is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
MarzGurl



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 109
Location: San Antonio, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
MarzGurl wrote:
His items fell 50 meters away from him... that's well over 150 feet. That's a pretty far distance. How could that be? Is there more to this story down the road?

The 90-degree cliff is 120m tall. A slight bounce on the cliff wall would significantly change the spot where his body or items landed.


Picture: Mainichi News

Note the blue helicopter at lower left so you can imagine how tall the cliff is.


Ah, from the 100 to 300 meter report from earlier, I was assuming the drop wasn't as high as this photo indicates. That does explain the distance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2513
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sorry to read that, I'll keep Usui in my prayers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
InuNaruPokeAlchemist



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 307
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
DranzerX13 wrote:
Lately, many famous people have been dying. It's such a tragedy to see or hear about anyone's death, especially someone who's worked really hard in their career. Yeah it'll be a bummer for Shin-chan fans, but the most important thing of this is there is many people who love him dearly, and will pray for him.

I'm not much of a shin-chan fan, but I'll put this man in my prayers tonight.


That's true, we really have had lost many celeberties this year, but no one saw the death of the creator of Shin-Chan comming. He was indeed a great manga creator. One thing we anime/manga fans know that today is a sad day for all fans. He will be missed


Last edited by InuNaruPokeAlchemist on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
_V_



Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 619
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
MarzGurl wrote:


Ah, from the 100 to 300 meter report from earlier, I was assuming the drop wasn't as high as this photo indicates.


*metric system* *metric system*


Last edited by _V_ on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DomFortress



Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 751
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
MarzGurl wrote:
His items fell 50 meters away from him... that's well over 150 feet. That's a pretty far distance. How could that be? Is there more to this story down the road?
Not really, it could be simple demonstration of mechanical physic, showing just how hard the body was falling throughout the ordeal. Watching MythBusters has had its advantages. Smile

Now that the worst did occur, I will wish his spirit to be finally put to rest, so that his family can start the healing process of rebuilding their lives without their loved one. That being said, I also wish the editorial staff at Futabasha can go rot in hell Mad ,together with their insensitive comment of "future publication [of Crayon Shin-chan] is to be determined."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9889
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
DomFortress wrote:
That being said, I also wish the editorial staff at Futabasha can go rot in hell Mad ,together with their insensitive comment of "future publication [of Crayon Shin-chan] is to be determined."

Maybe the reporter asked "any plan for Usui's titles?" and the editor replied "it is to be determined" i.e. undecided. It's a standard by-the-book answer; what would you say if you were the editor? I've seen reporters asking families of the dead "are you feeling sad right now?" so I wouldn't blame the editor at all; blame the reporter instead.

EDIT: fixed a typo (reported Arrow reporter).


Last edited by dormcat on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group